Aerogal to begin MIA serivce!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Aerogal to begin MIA serivce!

Aerogal, an Ecuadorian airline, said Thursday that it will offer daily nonstop service from Miami International Airport to Guayaquil's Jose Juaquin de Olmedo Airport, beginning Dec. 7.

Aerogal said it will be the only Ecuadorian airline to fly into the United States, and the only airline to offer all passengers first-class service including welcome champagne, warm meals, digestives, snacks and their own flat-panel TV.

Currently, Aerogal flies domestically between major Ecuadorian cities and internationally only to Colombia.

Aerogal was formed as a small domestic airline in Ecuador in 1985. In 2002 the company launched an expansion strategy.

Well I wish them the best. I know that competition on that route might be a bit stiff, but then again, let's see what happens. They are using 737-200s form the look of it, but it's weird to think that they would spend all of the money upgrading the interiors of 737-200s to include PTVs and the such, and not invest in new aircraft. Anyway, I guess it's one way of expanding.
    Whatever is necessary, is never unwise.

UIO-MIA on a 732? Damn, that's seriously pushing it. Max range of a 732 is 2300nm, and UIO-MIA is 1553nm, but the 2300nm is depending on weight limits as is, and when you also factor in that UIO is quite a bit above sea level, which impacts take-off performance, it will be quite interesting to see this flight perform. Getting a used 727 probably would have been a better option than investing in the IFE of a 30+ year old jet.

Comment

Originally posted by DAL767-400ER
      UIO-MIA on a 732?
      They will be flying to Guayaquil (GYE) not to Quito (UIO), which is even a bit farther, 1670nm.

Regards.
      TAP - Transportes Aéreos Portugueses

Voe mais alto. Fly higher.

www.flytap.com

Comment

DAL, the B727 isnīt Stage3 if I recall right? Still old planes and I wonder how
        wise itīs to fly this far with a B732?
        "The real CEO of the 787 project is named Potemkin"

Comment

Just that Miami needs...more foreigners...

Comment

Originally posted by Crism
            Yes the place would be empty without them. How many Spanish speaking people in the U.S. now 44 million?

Comment

Originally posted by TAP-A343
              They will be flying to Guayaquil (GYE) not to Quito (UIO), which is even a bit farther, 1670nm.
              Damn, I should learn my 3-Letter codes more often .

Originally posted by Alessandro
              DAL, the B727 isnīt Stage3 if I recall right?
              Not sure about that, but alas, 732s and 727s are both in the same noise Stage, and even with hushkits they are both in the same category. Obviously, a 733 would be better and less noisy, but when you want to use a 732 for such a long flight, I'd suspect the money's not even there for a used 733.

Originally posted by Crism
              Totally unnecessary comment.

Comment

Umm yes, inagural flight will be Dec 7th 2007, departing 10:30AM to MIA from GYE. the deal is this, the planes to fly this route is NOT a 732 nor a 722. Aerogal purchased or leased two 734 from Ryan International from USA for this route in specific! these planes are not yet in Ecaudor and its possible that the 727 and 732 will cover this route via panama for the first month or less until the 734's arrive.

the 734's will be fitted with PTVs to compete with LAN, the biggest competition around for the national airlines, so its a good way to reach the national customers. Livery will be the same on the new planes which are said or due to arrive NOV 26th. So far they ay everything goes as planed, but when I had the meeting with Aerogals CEO a few weeks ago, she said that if all goes wrong with the 734's arrival date, the 727 will be fitted in a new configuration for this flight and with a stop in Panama.

Also, the 734 will be fitted with business class and a light packed economy class meaning comfortable leg room and space, good IFE and good service. I will be inthe inagural flight to MIA on the 727 732 or 734. Ill keep you guys posted!

Comment

Working...
                X