EK Pilots payed $1M to stay

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by QFCPT747
    i dnt get it, i know its "not on" to explain jokes but, please explain.
    He's talking about the inside of the aircraft.

And still no reply from the F/O, I belive hes on a SFO-SGN-HKG-SGN-SFO trip...it'll be a few days. Thats for sure.
    sigpic
    http://www.jetphotos.net/showphotos.php?userid=170

Comment

Actually I was refering to 'hairdryer' like performance of the 1st gen A340's

Comment

Hi!

The pilot shortage is because there are not enough pilots for the jobs available

In the US, the number of new student pilots has been declining, while the number of commercial pilots has been steady. The US is the ONLY country with excess pilots, at this point.

China and India need 20,000 airline pilots in the next 3 years. They produced less than 1200 pilots per year. The rest of Asia is also growing a lot, and not many pilots are produced in Asia.

cliff

KSHV

Comment

thnx guys, I read on another forum (different website) that 60,000 new pilots are needed in canada by 2020 and globaly 15,000 pilots are needed every year for the next 2 decades.

and can anyone confirm the emirates stuff?

thnx
          There's nothing like an airport for bringing you down to earth. Richard Gordon

Comment

Okay got a reply for you.
            As for EK, there are signing bonuses, but usually for around 20,000 USD. There is a pension scheme that you can avail yourself to if you remain there for at least five years. They are growing quite rapidly at the moment, and thus have a constant need for pilots. I enjoyed my time there and would recommend it.
            There you have it.

As for the pilot shortages, looking at an international airline seems more and more appealing. PR has a very appealing pilot cadet program, and my girlfriends family has a lot of money and property there. But its just a thought for now. The grim future of pilot hiring turned bright in a hurry, thats for sure.
            sigpic
            http://www.jetphotos.net/showphotos.php?userid=170

Comment

Originally posted by atpcliff
              The US is the ONLY country with excess pilots, at this point.
              cliff
              KSHV
              I do not think we have a problem with excess pilots... I mean look at some of the minimums at some of the regional airlines.. Commercial-multi with 25 hrs of multi time at Trans States.. Eagle is accepting apps with 400TT 50ME. XJT is 600/100.. Years ago you needed 1500tt to get on at a Regional..

Comment

Working...
              X