EK Pilots payed $1M to stay

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• EK Pilots payed $1M to stay

I heard from a Qantas pilot that Emirates Pilots are getting payed one million US dollars to stay for 5 years. Can anyone confirm these rumours?

Also REX (Regional Express) are cancelling many flights due to a shortage of pilots. True?

thnx guys
    There's nothing like an airport for bringing you down to earth. — Richard Gordon

Maybe you should ask an Emirates pilot? Probably know more about whats happening over there than a Qantas pilot!

2mil US for 5 years in Dubai if it is the total package and not a bonus would be entirely possible, but as to if its true, well, better ask Emirates!

As to Rex, well, yes, they are cancelling flights due to a large pilot shortage. Its not particulally secretive, seeing they're telling everyone!

Comment

Originally posted by MCM
      As to Rex, well, yes, they are cancelling flights due to a large pilot shortage. Its not particulally secretive, seeing they're telling everyone!
      Has REX got their pilot training plan up and running yet? While it won't fix their problem in the short term it will give them some long term stability.

Comment

thnx guys,

but what is causing such a shortage of pilots? I heard its because there was little training after 9/11, is this true?
        There's nothing like an airport for bringing you down to earth. — Richard Gordon

Comment

I've heard that rex don;t have a lot of pilots because there pay and conditions are not very good..

Ashok

Comment

I know EK pay their pilots a $1 million bonus after 10 yrs service with EK.
            Formerly A380-QOTS from AD.com forums.

Comment

Originally posted by marty hanley
              I know EK pay their pilots a $1 million bonus after 10 yrs service with EK.
              And the pilots get 14 course meals everyday.
              sigpic
              http://www.jetphotos.net/showphotos.php?userid=170

Comment

Don't know whether EK actually does it, but it wouldn't surprise me. The stories about hands full of EK 777s sitting on the tarmac at DXB waiting for pilots to fly them come up again and again.

Comment

I talk to a UA 744 F/O who flew 340s for EK for a few years, I'll ask him for you tonight.
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Crunk415balla
                    I talk to a UA 744 F/O who flew 340s for EK for a few years, I'll ask him for you tonight.
                    thnx mate

Comment

No reply yet, but I asked him via e-mail.
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Crunk415balla
                        No reply yet, but I asked him via e-mail.
                        He's probably still to traumatized from flying hairdryers around for years to talk.

Comment

Originally posted by BA747-436
                          He's probably still to traumatized from flying hairdryers around for years to talk.
                          LOL
                          DFW Tower.com

Comment

Bye guys i'm gonna go to the UAE

Comment

Originally posted by BA747-436
                              i dnt get it, i know its "not on" to explain jokes but, please explain.

Comment

Working...
                              X