Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Korean Air and Asiana to fly 36 wine only flights

From Payload Asia magazine (November):

Korean Air and Asiana say Japanese and Korean market demand for French Beaujolais Nouveau wine will total more than two million bottles this month. Korean will operate 25 cargo flights to move the wine and Asiana 11, with two additional flights under consideration.
    Next:
    None Planned

Kind of like Americas demand for fresh warrants Fish-only flights out of Alaska
    You've got to try to find what's right before your eyes-Finger Eleven

Comment

Originally posted by CathayPacific
      From Payload Asia magazine (November):

Korean Air and Asiana say Japanese and Korean market demand for French Beaujolais Nouveau wine will total more than two million bottles this month. Korean will operate 25 cargo flights to move the wine and Asiana 11, with two additional flights under consideration.
      Isn't this kind of dangerous though? A full cargo load of flammable liquid?

Comment

Originally posted by avro_arrow_25206
        What about those DC-6s flying fuel to remote areas of Alaska? I think I would feel safer with the stuff being shipped in a newer aircraft than those ol' -6s.
        You've got to try to find what's right before your eyes-Finger Eleven

Comment

Airlines occasionally carry way worse stuff than that. As long as everything is safely secured, this proves no additional risk.

Comment

personally I'd be more worried about the tonnes of flammable liquid in the wings

Comment

Originally posted by Chris@YYZ
              personally I'd be more worried about the tonnes of flammable liquid in the wings
              Yeah, me too! Are they going to be in containers larger than 3 ounces?

-Chris

Comment

Wine does not burn, overproof spirits yes.

Comment

I think this goes as the most quoted post ever.
                  No Sir, Wine can't burn... You need to go over 75% alc. before it can produce a "flame" .
                  Inactive from May 1 2009.

Comment

Originally posted by MaxPower
                    I think this goes as the most quoted post ever.
                    No Sir, Wine can't burn... You need to go over 75% alc. before it can produce a "flame" .
                    40% already burns with a light blue flame. Wine however does not.
                    greetings,
                    Philip

Comment

The Beaujolais Nouveau really isn't worth the hype. A lot of this wine travels in the belly of the joint production flights too.

Comment

Originally posted by philip
                        40% already burns with a light blue flame. Wine however does not.
                        That's correct, I already tried that at work... *We light up drinks here*
                        Inactive from May 1 2009.

Comment

Working...
                        X