Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who is better on the UK-Orlando Int. route, VS or BA?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who is better on the UK-Orlando Int. route, VS or BA?

I am stuck for choice as I understand that both airlines have good services on this route.
    Lets fly away!!!!

Are you in Y/Y+/J/F(BA)?

Comment

Y
      Lets fly away!!!!

Comment

From what I have seen on SeatGuru.com, VS has a slight advantage in that they have one extra inch of legroom, but then again - it all depends on price for me. If BA were cheeper, the I would choose BA. Either way, I am partial, b/c I get FF miles on BA. If, afterall, you decide to fly on BA, try signing up for their FF program so that you can start earning miles (than can be used at most other OneWorld carriers...)
        Whatever is necessary, is never unwise.

Comment

Originally posted by AA 1818
          If, afterall, you decide to fly on BA, try signing up for their FF program so that you can start earning miles (than can be used at most other OneWorld carriers...)
          Only 25% of the actual miles flown in economy (non-flexible ticket) or 1,084 miles each way, LHR-MCO.

Very little, in my opinion.

Regards.
          TAP - Transportes Aéreos Portugueses

Voe mais alto. Fly higher.

www.flytap.com

Comment

I would say Virgin is the best choice only because they have the hottest F/A's! I saw a couple tonight getting dinner and I was in love!

Something about a blonde and brunette speaking in heavy english accents makes me want to spend 8 hours on that plane and never come home
            In every organization, there will always be one person who knows what's going on. This person must be fired.

Comment

As said you'll only earn 25% miles on most fare classes on BA, so unless you are desperate for a few miles, or have purchased a full fare ticket, don't let this sway your decission. BA uses old 777's out of LGW to all destinations with the old IFE and seats. You'll most likely be on one of the first 777's to roll off to production line, but if you dont mind this BA is not a bad choice to Orlando. Virgin uses the 744 and from what I remember (although it can be a bit hit and miss and they still use a few differant types of config) have a decent IFE system and fairly comfortable seats. Crews on both airlines are very good, although VS still has the edge generally in terms of eye candy...

All in all, it really depends what seat assignment you can get. Obviously an exit row window seat on BA is going to be better than a middle seat in row 40+ on VS...

If you want I can check the loads on BA for you on your flights. Just let me know the flight numbers/date you are thinking of booking.

Comment

Economy in BA is 3rd world standard. Apparently their Business and First is great but in any case they'll still lose your baggage on about 90% of flights. And their hosties are certainly not hot, at least the ones they send to OZ.

Never flown VS but if you're going economy I'd try them.

Cheers

Comment

Originally posted by tsv
                  Economy in BA is 3rd world standard. Apparently their Business and First is great but in any case they'll still lose your baggage on about 90% of flights. And their hosties are certainly not hot, at least the ones they send to OZ.

Never flown VS but if you're going economy I'd try them.

Cheers
                  Their economy certainly isnt that bad. It sure as hell wipes the floor with airlines such as AF/LH/UA's Y product. You'r bag is as safe with them as with pretty much any other airline. Ive never had them loose my bag and have flown many hundreds of thousands of miles with them. My experiance with other airlines has been much worse.

VS economy is ok if your on the 744, the A346 is diabolical though as more than 40% of the aircraft has a reduced seat pitch. They dont have to tell anyone this because more than 50% of their seats have the larger pitch so they can advertise this and keep the fact that many of the seats are sardine can standards quiet.

BA crews out of Gatwick are about 100% nicer than the LHR based ones, and generally younger to. It all depends what your looking for on a flight to be honest. Business is nice, although its the older cabin design (still 100% flat beds though), and First is ok although again a dated cabin in need of a re-design and dedicated First crews.
                  Last edited by BA747-436; 2007-12-03, 15:33.

Comment

Think l'll not fly LH/UA/AF!

To be truthful BA has never lost my bags. They just have a habit of arriving about 4 days after I do.

Comment

Generally this is the ground staff who are fault and not BA, but i agree BA has had some issues of late with baggage.
                      Last edited by BA747-436; 2007-12-03, 19:19.

Comment

Originally posted by BA747-436
                        You'r bag is as safe with them as with pretty much any other airline.
                        Actually not true!

There was a survey published a few months ago re airlines losing baggage and BA was found to be the worst culprit. I can't remember whether it was only European airlines that were surveyed or worldwide.

Comment

I doubt it was worldwide. AA have lost my bag EVERY time i fly through Chicago. And now twice through Dallas lol

Comment

Working...
                          X