Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who loves the sound of a 757 taking off?!

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Who loves the sound of a 757 taking off?!

    I absolutely love it when those engines go into full power!!
    Lets fly away!!!!

  • #2
    Me! Especially when they're less than 200 feet above you're head. Gravelly Point!

    -Chris

    Comment


    • #3
      There is two types of engines of 757, isnt it?ī

      I donīt like of the IAE sounds... very weird....
      "For once you have tasted flight you will walk the earth with your eyes turned skywards, for there you have been and there you will long to return."
      Leonardo da Vinci

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by gu.camargo
        There is two types of engines of 757, isnt it?ī

        I donīt like of the IAE sounds... very weird....
        RR and PW

        Comment


        • #5
          The PW are very quiet in my opinion, the RR ones sound like you're sitting ontop of the dam engine they are so loud! However it is a very cool sound, sort of reminds me a bit of the old L1011 but not as whinny. Now the L1011s RR power plants...that was a sound. *makes L1011 sound to myself*

          Comment


          • #6
            i love the rb211's sound, if u don't know whats going on a RR full power t/o, u will be scared, lol gotta love the chainsaw like noise

            just listen to that

            http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=boADl2zleb4

            yes i am a boeing fan, and i know thats a airbus, haha

            Comment


            • #7
              Admittedly maybe I'm a bit biased, but I am a major sucker for the "purr" of the PW2037 and 2040s!

              Comment


              • #8
                Forget the 757, the best is a GE90 powered 777...nothing beats that!

                Comment


                • #9
                  true ture ^^

                  but a Concorde on full afterburners...

                  some ge-90s

                  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kl52FdVzK9U

                  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m5ZlGBO1wK4

                  yes i am a boeing fan, and i know thats a airbus, haha

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Watch this if you love boeing 757s!
                    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SoqRfxnRrFw
                    This is a video I made whilst I was on holiday.
                    Lets fly away!!!!

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      I don't. It interrupts me while I'm doing my morning yoga. And it scares my cats.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zT0juyFV324

                        Great 757-300 RR sound

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by tommyalf
                          However it is a very cool sound, sort of reminds me a bit of the old L1011 but not as whinny.
                          Given that both the 757 and L-1011 use derivatives of the RB211, that's not surprising .

                          Originally posted by tommyalf
                          Now the L1011s RR power plants...that was a sound. *makes L1011 sound to myself*
                          I know what you mean *visualises himself on the parkdeck at ATL watching and listening to all the DL L-1011s spooling up on the runway*

                          Originally posted by JordanD
                          I don't. It interrupts me while I'm doing my morning yoga. And it scares my cats.
                          "Yoga", that's what you call it these days ?

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            luckily i see a lot of DHL/TCX/TOM 757's, the noise can only be described as a mechanical growl!

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by lee182
                              luckily i see a lot of DHL/TCX/TOM 757's, the noise can only be described as a mechanical growl!
                              Well put my friend! Couldn't have said it better myself.

                              -Chris

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X