US Airways Announces Service To LHR; Orders 7 more A332s

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Star Alliance
    By the way, I hope I didn't come across as persnickety.
    You wouldn't believe how hard it is to convey tone of voice over the internet.
    Not at all. Believe me I know.

Comment

Enough time for a PHL - CLT turn before going back to Heathrow or is that something US Airways would tend to avoid?

Comment

Originally posted by Bok269
        I believe they acquired slots from UA.
        Originally posted by Bok269
        You sure it wasn't NW that got the AF-KL slots? Or maybe DL got some from both? Because I am next to positive UA transferred some of their rights to DL.
        DL acquired the NYC-LON rights from UA allowing them to start JFK-LGW last year.
        As for the slots, they are coming from AF/KL. Not sure which belonged to whom though, as it's too hard to tell from most PRs. DL has gotten 3 slot pairs, 2 for JFK and 1 for ATL. AF will also use one of their slot pairs to launch LHR-LAX, allthewhile reducing CDG-LHR flights. Not sure on the status of KLM other than them ending their RTM/EIN-LHR flights, which will probably be switched to LCY, possibly reducing AMS-LHR flights as well, which could be the slots NW is after.

Originally posted by UnitingNations
        Enough time for a PHL - CLT turn before going back to Heathrow or is that something US Airways would tend to avoid?
        Something to avoid. US is better off keeping the A330 at PHL, either to do some maintenance on it, or to interchange it with another A330 route that would require more than 1 A330,like ATH for example.

Comment

Working...
        X