Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OceanAir buys 28 Airbus aircraft

http://www.reuters.com/article/marke...0071121?rpc=44
    SAO PAULO, Nov 21 (Reuters) - Brazil's OceanAir airline made firm orders to buy seven Airbus A330-200 aircraft and 21 jets in the A320 family , as well as options for another 13 planes in the A320, Airbus (EAD.PA: Quote, Profile, Research) said on Wednesday.

The total value of the deal could reach $3.55 billion at list prices.

The European planemaker said in a statement the A320 planes would be used on OceanAir's domestic routes in Latin America's largest country, while the A330-200's will serve the company's international destinations.

OceanAir, which was set up in 1998 as an air taxi company and has been growing actively since, is flying its own Fokker planes as well as several Boeing after temporarily taking over the operations of BRA airline earlier this month following BRA's financial crunch that made it suspend operations.

OceanAir said it seeks a 15 percent share of the Brazilian air travel market and the purchase will consolidate its position there.

GOL and VARIG will be hard fighting each others with Ocean Air routes marketing. It's sad!

Stuart

Comment

Damn! When I think of OceanAir - I think of Fokkers, not an international airline. Man, as for the takeover of BRA's routes, best of luck - and I hope that they do not make the same mistake. If BRA could not make the routes work with 767s why do a capacity jump to an A330? Best of luck none-the-less...
      Whatever is necessary, is never unwise.

Comment

Originally posted by AA 1818
        If BRA could not make the routes work with 767s why do a capacity jump to an A330?
        For one thing OceanAir might actually have a concept for marketing their flights. E.g. I only knew thanks to aviation forums and magazines that BRA was actually flying to CGN, and from friends living there I know that save for 2-3 ads close by the airport, there was essentially no advertisement for their service.

Comment

BRA also fly twice weekly to Dakar, O&D

Alain
          Thanks for visiting
          *Avimage's Monthly Slide list *
          *JetPhotos*
          Airliners*Pbase.com

Comment

Working...
          X