Will any US airlines order the A380?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi,

As to the made in USA comments about Boeing, the Boeing 777 and 787 are made with 75% US components and 25% international components. The same way Airbuses normally have mostly European components. Personally, I like both manufacturers, as they both build excellent aircraft. However, I prefer the Boeing 777 over the Airbus A340 and the A320 over the Boeing 737. I believe that the A380 or even the 747-8 would make a great addition to any US airline's fleet, but UA and NW would benefit the most.

Here's the link that tells about the US made content: http://www.boeing.com/commercial/787...gramfacts.html

As for some US Airlines flying the Boeing 757 across "the pond," I personally find this really stupid and uncomfortable, which is why I avoid those flights. With the ATC at many airports under enormous pressure, not just in the US and Europe, but other places as well, I think that we'll see a shift towards the bigger aircraft.

Rohan

Comment

If a US airline were to purchase the A380, would they pay in US dollars, or in Euros?
      Either way, with the US dollar continuing its nose-dive, an international purchase like that would be hard to justify over a domestic option.
      www.AirlineAndAirportLinks.com
      An exhaustive and cross-referenced database of world airline and airport websites.
      www.AirlineAndAirportLinks.com Photos
      Airliner photos from Toronto's YYZ.

Comment

Originally posted by Bok269
        Its comparable to a 777, and 4 out of 6 legacy carriers are making it work.
        Yes and no. The A350XWB is being marketed to compete with larger versions of the 777 (namely the 777-300) and the 747s. In the U.S. the carriers currently only operate the 777-200, and I think that with the shift moving to frequency over capacity, they might be more comfortable going to the 787 over the A350 (with more capacity). Where I can see the A350 really making a killing is in the 777-300 replacement market (just look at EK!).
        Whatever is necessary, is never unwise.

Comment

Originally posted by AA 1818
          Yes and no. The A350XWB is being marketed to compete with larger versions of the 777 (namely the 777-300) and the 747s. In the U.S. the carriers currently only operate the 777-200, and I think that with the shift moving to frequency over capacity, they might be more comfortable going to the 787 over the A350 (with more capacity). Where I can see the A350 really making a killing is in the 777-300 replacement market (just look at EK!).
          Good points indeed.

Comment

Working...
          X