Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• iPhone Equipped Passenger Takes On Flight Crew Over Weather

http://www.planebuzz.com/2007/11/we_...g_to_happ.html

This should be passed to all pax that get mad on weather delays.

Cheers,

Gabe

Brilliant! Can't stop laughing. What a moron.

-Chris

Comment

haha... awesome!

Comment

Brilliant!!! I love that! Haha, he calls the thing "Idiotphone".
        Whatever is necessary, is never unwise.

Comment

That was uncalled for. The Pilot patronized the guy with the Ipod.
          Inactive from May 1 2009.

Comment

Originally posted by MaxPower
            That was uncalled for. The Pilot patronized the guy with the Ipod.
            Are you serious? Now everyone idiot passenger with a iphone is going to be in the flight crews face because they see the weather is good for takeoff, when most of the time that is not the only thing holding the aircraft back. I think that is great that the pilot said that. People are already pissed off and rude the flight crews and CSAs, now you give them an iphone and they can check the weather and be a smart ass the the crew?

Comment

Originally posted by JSchraub
              Are you serious? Now everyone idiot passenger with a iphone is going to be in the flight crews face because they see the weather is good for takeoff, when most of the time that is not the only thing holding the aircraft back. I think that is great that the pilot said that. People are already pissed off and rude the flight crews and CSAs, now you give them an iphone and they can check the weather and be a smart ass the the crew?
              Are you serious? Not everyone with an iPhone is going to be doing that. I have one, and I'm not going to tell anyone they're wrong. My iPhone actually saved my towns fireworks on July 4 because they were going to cancel because it rained all day. I checked throughout the day from my iPhone (I work with the police) and told them that the rain would stop just before shoot time, and start right afterwards. Guess what...it was perfect to get the show off, and as soon as it ended the skies opened.

One person and you paint a picture of the millions with an iPhone...

It was uncalled for by the pilot. He is supposed to be professional and instead told the passenger off (if this is even true) in front of the whole aircraft. Not only did they surely lose a passenger, the story has been read by thousands...if people find out the airline it won't be good for publicity even if it has only a small effect.

I honestly don't believe the story anyways.
              Tanner Johnson - Owner
              twenty53 Photography

Comment

Maybe it's "uncalled for" BECAUSE YOU'VE BOTH BEEN THOSE GUYS DOING IT?

Story was hilarious

Comment

No because it is uncalled for. He could have let the Flight Attendant tell him that there is much more than the "radar" weather that goes into the delay of a flight.
                  Tanner Johnson - Owner
                  twenty53 Photography

Comment

It was probably about time he got humiliated for thinking he's the coolest person ever because he has an IPhone.....I can't stand people like that.

Comment

I'd be a little aggrevated if I had spent all that time and money becoming a professional pilot and I had some jackass in the back with an iphone telling me how to do my job.

Comment

I'd be more pissed off spending all that money on an iphone and it was wrong

Can the thing actually make calls ? Because my mobile phone does !

Comment

Iíve talked with a friend of mine who is a met person at the airport, and with her 5 year degree, her boss doctorates degree, multi million equipment, satellite uplinks to almost any satellite, she says it impossible to give a start time and a end time when the rain would start, just probabilities and meteorological forecast is not an exact science. So they will just trash all their equipment, get fired, and leave an iphone to give the predictions of all weather around here up to 50,000 feet.

Comment

We get this all the time. The weather in New York or BOS is sunny, it's sunny in YYZ and YUL but there are no routes available because of thundershowers in between. We go into grounddelay programmes and the pax start yelling. It is so much fun!

Comment

Re:

You know what the problem is? Some airline passengers these days have become too self-centered and don't really care about anything but themselves. Storms not at the destination airport? Get this thing moving, I don't care about what's along the way or in the flight path, just get me there! I want to travel, but not go through that frigging security "hassle." Seriously, you'd think that after all this time, people would have enough sense to understand that delays happen and it's not always the airline's fault. I'm not saying that airlines shouldn't be held accountable for massive luugage backlogs and keeping pax in planes for hours on end, but for things that are not in their control, it's not their fault. Sure it's a little frustrating waiting for wetaher to clear, but sometimes you just have to suck it up and move on. Can't deal with it? DON'T FLY, it's as simple as that. But no, you'll always have whiners and know-it-alls who think they should have the upper hand. Serves the passenger right for what the pilot did.

Comment

Working...
                              X