No announcement yet.

iPhone Equipped Passenger Takes On Flight Crew Over Weather

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'd have done the same thing. It's not much different than the guy that called the FAA over one of our crews not doing an engine run up.

I know the F/O and F/A involved in this one. I think it's great and told them so.
    Bite me Airways.....

Comment

Originally posted by LRJet Guy
      I'd have done the same thing. It's not much different than the guy that called the FAA over one of our crews not doing an engine run up.

I know the F/O and F/A involved in this one. I think it's great and told them so.
      I thought Turbines don't need a run-up?

Comment

Here's to you, Mr. iPhone carrying airline passenger guy. You have been charged with letting the flightcrew know that, no it's not raining in Memphis, using your $499 glorified PDA that Apple even admitted they overcharged you for. Sure, most people will just accept the fact the pilots have years of flying experience and know more about flying and weather than you ever will, but that doesn't matter. Your qualification is that you stood in line for over a week to be the first to get an iPhone, and know to type www.weather.com on an LCD keyboard. To hell with hazardous weather enroute, traffic sequencing, and ATC clearances! Only pussies care about that stuff, it's clear in Memphis and you want to go now! You haven't spent one minute flying an airplane, but watching that video of a 14 year old flying an A380 through a tornado in FS2004 on your iPhone while waiting at the gate taught you everything you need to know. So crack open a cool Bud-Light, iPhone pilot in seat 13B. Thanks to you, we have someone to make fun for the next 3 hours instead of hitting on the FA's.

/poor attempt at humor

Comment

Originally posted by Airbus_A320
          Here's to you, Mr. iPhone carrying airline passenger guy. You have been charged with letting the flightcrew know that, no it's not raining in Memphis, using your $499 glorified PDA that Apple even admitted they overcharged you for. Sure, most people will just accept the fact the pilots have years of flying experience and know more about flying and weather than you ever will, but that doesn't matter. Your qualification is that you stood in line for over a week to be the first to get an iPhone, and know to type www.weather.com on an LCD keyboard. To hell with hazardous weather enroute, traffic sequencing, and ATC clearances! Only pussies care about that stuff, it's clear in Memphis and you want to go now! You haven't spent one minute flying an airplane, but watching that video of a 14 year old flying an A380 through a tornado in FS2004 on your iPhone while waiting at the gate taught you everything you need to know. So crack open a cool Bud-Light, iPhone pilot in seat 13B. Thanks to you, we have someone to make fun for the next 3 hours instead of hitting on the FA's.

/poor attempt at humor
          nice

Comment

/poor attempt at humor
            Very Nice!

Comment

/poor attempt at humor
              Good stuff for a "poor attempt" .

Comment

/poor attempt at humor
                Hahahahah! Great! It'd be an awesome commercial. And the pilot's PA message is priceless.

Originally posted by Captain on PA
                "If the passenger with the IPhone would be kind enough to use it to check the weather at our alternate, calculate our fuel burn due to being rerouted around the storms, call the dispatcher to arrange our release, and then make a phone call to the nearest Air Traffic Control center to arrange our timely departure amongst the other aircraft carrying passengers with IPhones, then we will be more than happy to depart. Please ring your call button to advise the Flight Attendant and your fellow passengers when you deem it ready and responsible for this multi-million dollar aircraft and its passengers to safely leave."
                sigpic
                http://www.jetphotos.net/showphotos.php?userid=170

Comment

Originally posted by Bok269
                  I thought Turbines don't need a run-up?
                  Bingo. That was my point. A Cessna driver in the back thought we didn't do a run up and called the Feds. I don't know how to check the mags in a Dash because there aren't any.

I've also heard of a private pilot calling a Beech 1900 operator and complain their crew was flying in the clouds under VFR. With no cockpit door, the passenger could see the standby transponder, which was set to 1200. He assumed the crew was breaking the rules and called them in.

The list goes on about stuff like that.
                  Bite me Airways.....

Comment

Degrees? thermometers have them too.
                    You cant have the best virtual airline in the world without the best people. Ansett Australia.

Comment

Originally posted by LRJet Guy
                      Bingo. That was my point. A Cessna driver in the back thought we didn't do a run up and called the Feds. I don't know how to check the mags in a Dash because there aren't any.

I've also heard of a private pilot calling a Beech 1900 operator and complain their crew was flying in the clouds under VFR. With no cockpit door, the passenger could see the standby transponder, which was set to 1200. He assumed the crew was breaking the rules and called them in.

The list goes on about stuff like that.
                      So I thought. I presume you've heard the story of the backseat captain with a GPS and a watch with an altimeter who told the actual Captain that he was going to report him for flying past 250 KIAS at 8000 feet. The Captain referred him to the check airmen/FAA examiner in the jump seat.

Comment

Sounds like some of these guys need a life.
                        sigpic
                        http://www.jetphotos.net/showphotos.php?userid=170

Comment

I was sitting in the 1st row of a "Ted" flight out of ORD while boarding was still going on. A passenger steps aboard and asks the Capt. if he could use his Garmin Aviation GPS durring the flight. The Capt Said "sure after we are above 10,000' and the F/A say you can" As the passenger made his way to the back the Capt. looks at me and says "Geee does he think i am going to go off course and get us lost?" I told the Capt. "If you do may i suggest we divert to PHNL" The Capt. just started to laugh and said "If we had the range i would The weather here stinks"
                          Robin Guess Aviation Historian, Photographer, Web Designer.

http://www.Jet-Fighters.Net
                          http://www.Jet-Liners.Net

Comment

Working...
                          X