Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Strange G-V and FAA Listing

Hey Guys,

I was just browsing through photos of Gulf V's now and I happen to find this one, N691RC:

[photoid=5621869]

Clearly its a normal G-V, but then look at this shot:

[photoid=6082937]

See the extra window? That indicates its a GV-(SP) or a G550 as however you want to call it. The VERY strange thing about it is that although both are different aicraft frames, the FAA still has data for the original G-V who was delivered back in 2000. The photo with the updated frame is from September, almost 3 months since the update should have been made at the FAA and who knows for how long before the photo this frame had been delivered, very interesting stuff!

Regards,
    Tomas.

Your looking at a $1,000,000.00 dollar add-on to the G-V...if added aftermarket it takes estimated 2400 labor hours at approx $94/hr to add the 7th window to the one side...

This particular aircraft had the 7th window added during initial construction in SAV.

Comment

$ 1 million for a friggin window? Oh well, when you have all the millions for the jet anyway, it probably doesn't make a difference anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by DeltaFlyer
        Your looking at a $1,000,000.00 dollar add-on to the G-V...if added aftermarket it takes estimated 2400 labor hours at approx $94/hr to add the 7th window to the one side...

This particular aircraft had the 7th window added during initial construction in SAV.
        Wow well I'm glad they can waste such money on a window but thanks for the explanation, would have never known that!

Comment

My brother is in management at Gulfstream so I called him to ask him about it...he said that only a small handfull of G-V's have that modification and this aircraft is the only one he has seen...he used to work on it when he was a mechanic in Long Beach...

Comment

Working...
          X