LAX - video DC-10 heavy's - asst a/c

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LAX - video DC-10 heavy's - asst a/c

Howdy - here is a posting I made to my google page. This is old VHS film I took at the old Imperial Terminal lot - and then the FedEx parking lot - this was filmed in either 1989- 1990 - I did not put a date on the video when I made it-. Note the British Airways DC-10-30 and the Florida West 707 - ambient noise levels and just a plain piece of junk JC Penney 8:1 video camera didn't bring out the audio quality that i would have liked - but enjoy the airport action from years gone by...like days when one could park in the Imperial lot - and never see a Cop unless they were driving by on the ramp side......

SJC Alien

Awesome! I love watching the classic clips, thanks for that!

Comment

Aw some of the old smokers. So nice to see.

I like the smell of Jet A in the morning!

Comment

Nice selection
        Adding to the list of goodies
        UA DC.8-71, AM Maddog in c/s 4 or 5 (the very last all orange finish), EA Bus, JL 742
        Keep vids coming !
        Thanks for visiting
        *Avimage's Monthly Slide list *
        *JetPhotos*
        Airliners*Pbase.com

Comment

didn't know dc-10s were so common back then

yes i am a boeing fan, and i know thats a airbus, haha

Comment

Wow. Love the AA DC10s and DL L1011s. So many rare and classic ones on this video.

Tom, May I link to your video from the *DAC.com* ? I bet the collectors will be thrilled to see this LAX video.

*DieCastAircraftForum.com
            Inactive from May 1 2009.

Comment

LAX video

Thanks to all for the nice comments..everybody..

MAXPOWER:
              No problem on posting -to other sites - just post in it's entirety - with video credits is all I ask. I'd appreciate that.

I'll dig up some more from this video - I have more from the next morning at LAX - might be a few days before I post again - I'm working 12hr days 6 days a week right now....

Thanks!

SJC Alien

Comment

Wow I had forgotten about Eastern! Great video.
                Follow me on Twitter! www.twitter.com/flyingphotog

Comment

Originally posted by Jerrycobra Boeing
                  didn't know dc-10s were so common back then
                  They sure were. When I started at Air Canada Cargo in 1979 we looked over the old T1. We got to see DC10's from Canadian Pacific, Wardair, Laker, American, KLM, United, British Caledonian, Viasa, Gemini, World, JAT, Northwest Orient, Swissair, Air Florida, Lufthansa, Sabena and Fed Ex.

Those are the ones I can think of at the moment. Evening shifts were so much fun out on the Ramp.

Comment

LAX video

Jerrycobra Boeing:

You must be younger than the video tape - but yes, you missed quite a bit - but don't fret - DC-10's and L-1011's ruled the skies for quite awhile - it's why guys like me were out filming, knowing they wouldn't last forever - now you can sit back with the advent of the computer & Internet- and watch this stuff from the comfort of your home computer - without being hassled by cops, while out filming a simple hobby. Thanks for the comments - I'm going to post more videos of this over the Christmas season 2007- so stay tuned......!! I just "MAY" pull the Air France Concorde video out of the back of the box, that I filmed at Oakland Airport many years ago....late 80's - early 90's---sheesh - I can't even remember..!!

SJC Alien

Comment

Wow! Those are some beautiful birds. I'm sorry I never got a chance to see them in action. My grandfather was a A300 and B757 pilot for Eastern and he is always showing me his videos and pics form his trips. Thanks for posting this wonderful video.

-Chris

Comment

Originally posted by ptbodale
                        They sure were. When I started at Air Canada Cargo in 1979 we looked over the old T1. We got to see DC10's from Canadian Pacific, Wardair, Laker, American, KLM, United, British Caledonian, Viasa, Gemini, World, JAT, Northwest Orient, Swissair, Air Florida, Lufthansa, Sabena and Fed Ex.

Those are the ones I can think of at the moment. Evening shifts were so much fun out on the Ramp.
                        By lots of airlines, Big Ten
                        -usually superseeded the 707 and DC.8 and altogether helped a many to learn how working with widebodies. Across the pond and during the same period, ORY & CDG were visited on a regular basis by Air Afrique, Air Zaire, Pakistan (their first widebodies) Malaysia (same as with PK), Thai (which also debuted the widebody age with Tens), Garuda (boy another one) National (and later Pan Am), Viasa, Varig, whereas locally based UTA added to the pictures.
                        Not flying into Paris, but not unknown either were Iberia, Alitalia, Air New Zealand (LHR), SAS and Singapore, just to name a few.
                        Thanks for visiting
                        *Avimage's Monthly Slide list *
                        *JetPhotos*
                        Airliners*Pbase.com

Comment

At 56 seconds, when the AA DC-10 is taking off and you hear the whine start to get louder....That is probably my favorite part of spotting and aviation.
                          My Flickr Pictures! Click Me!

Comment

UPS - Boeing 767

CAM - here is a Boeing 767 at SJC I took a few years ago - check the engine noise out on this one..

SJC Alien

Comment

Now that was excellent.

Comment

Working...
                              X