Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Skywest to buy 18 CR7NGs/ 4 CR9NGs

Not yet mentioned whether those are for UAX or DCI flights:

TORONTO, Nov 30 (Reuters) - SkyWest Inc (SKYW.O: Quote, Profile, Research) placed a firm order with Bombardier Inc (BBDb.TO: Quote, Profile, Research) for 18 CRJ700 NextGen and four CRJ900 NextGen regional jets, the companies said on Friday.

The value of the order is about $773 million, they said in a statement.

I wonder if they are gonna replace the Brasilia out of LAX seeing as UAL is dropping those aircraft.
    You've got to try to find what's right before your eyes-Finger Eleven

Comment

Originally posted by ASpilot2be
      I wonder if they are gonna replace the Brasilia out of LAX seeing as UAL is dropping those aircraft.
      I doubt it. Can't imagine UAX operating routes like LAX-SNA with CR7s due to the extremely short stage lenght, while on the "longer" EM2 routes the CR7 would provide too much capacity. Only EM2 route out of LAX that I could realistically see being operated with CR7s is SAN.

Comment

Originally posted by DAL767-400ER
        I doubt it. Can't imagine UAX operating routes like LAX-SNA with CR7s due to the extremely short stage lenght, while on the "longer" EM2 routes the CR7 would provide too much capacity. Only EM2 route out of LAX that I could realistically see being operated with CR7s is SAN.
        I heard LAX-SNA is on the way out. IIRC 22 Brasillias are slated to be parked.

Comment

In fact those aircraft are going to be used to replace the majority of those 120s for UAX..... We will replace them all in the near future, The 700s will be used to upgrade -200s which in turn will replace 120s. The -900s are DLC, and I think 2 -700 will go there too.....
          O'Hare - The Aviation God's greatest creation, or their greatest mistake? you be the judge!

Comment

Originally posted by Bok269
            I heard LAX-SNA is on the way out. IIRC 22 Brasillias are slated to be parked.
            Could be. That would mean essentially cutting the EM2 fleet used for UA in half, as currently Skywest operates 45 EM2s for US (and 14 for DL for that matter).

Comment

lax to sna? it takes longer to board the plane then the flying time, does anyone actually fly it? its like 10 mins

yes i am a boeing fan, and i know thats a airbus, haha

Comment

Re:

^UAX operates some Brasilias between LAX and SNA, the above stated Brasilias are the ones that are operated on the route.

Comment

Might as well drive if it's that short. Probably longer to the LAX than to SNA from wherever you live. IMO.

-Chris

Comment

Originally posted by Jerrycobra Boeing
                    lax to sna? it takes longer to board the plane then the flying time, does anyone actually fly it? its like 10 mins
                    It is popular for connections at LAX. To many people, they rather park their car at SNA and then go through security there, instead of going through the security at LAX, not to mention avoiding the drive from Orange County to LAX on I-405, aka SoCal's Largest Parking Lot .

Comment

Skywest has a big network of local flights here with the EM2. They link SFO with airports such as Modesto, Stockton, Sacramento and Monterey. I doubt new CRJs could make profit on those high frequency routes which hardly ever fill a Brisilia. But those routes are all very important. At NZ alone, everyday I check passangers comming in from those said airports without exception. While the flights may not be full, they're never empty either. Anyone who thinks it'd be easier to drive the 2 hours to those places has never been on a California freeway. Lets hope these CRJs can keep the routes up.

When is SK getting rid of the Emb-120s? I love those things, I'd hate to see them dissapear, especially before I get the chance to fly on one. I still miss the Westair J-31s.

So how do these CR7/9 NGs differ from the CR7/9s we have now?
                      sigpic
                      http://www.jetphotos.net/showphotos.php?userid=170

Comment

Originally posted by Crunk415balla
                        When is SK getting rid of the Emb-120s?
                        Scandinavian Airlines doesn't fly any Brasilias . As for OO, doubt they'll fully retire the EM2s soon, because as you said yourself, they are vital for quite a few small communities with service to SFO, and likewise for a few with service to SLC, be it due to demand or the airport (CDC) not being able to handle RJs

Originally posted by Crunk415balla
                        So how do these CR7/9 NGs differ from the CR7/9s we have now?
                        Bigger windows, larger overhead bins, reduced fuel burn (up to 4%), lower MX costs (up to 20% less) and increased use of composites.

Comment

OO? Really? I've seen them as SK my whole life on everything from Flight Aware to arrival boards to Pax Interline info at NZ. OO...I think OO or OE was the code for Westair which did United Express out of SFO up until Skywest took over.

Glad the EM2s should stay around, I saw a Skywest "fleet replacement" chart which showed the EM2s should have been out by now. Several of them in the UX livery were repainted back into the silver Skywest scheme, which lead me to belive they were leaving until they started appearing in the new United scheme recently.
                          sigpic
                          http://www.jetphotos.net/showphotos.php?userid=170

Comment

Yeah, I remember those charts that have shown the EM2s to have been gone by now since 2005 or so, but thankfully Skywest has realised that some routes just need a prop and can't be done with RJs. Given that, I believe that Skywest has actually retired their EM2s the day none appears in their schedules anymore, not when they show in yet another fleet replacement sheet .

Comment

Working...
                            X