FRA T2 observation deck

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FRA T2 observation deck

I'll be connecting at FRA pretty soon. I had a question, are ticketed passengers allowed access to the T2 observation deck and if so, allowed to bring their carry-ons there? Also, if that's the case, do you have to pass through the main security check or is there a seperate one just for the deck?

Here you have all the information:

http://www.airportcity-frankfurt.com...rs_terrace.htm

Regards.
    TAP - Transportes Aéreos Portugueses

Voe mais alto. Fly higher.

www.flytap.com

Comment

Re:

Ahh ok, thank you TAP-A343! Btw, photography is still allowed from inside the terminals there right?

Comment

Hey, some useful information, thx you both
        Thanks for visiting
        *Avimage's Monthly Slide list *
        *JetPhotos*
        Airliners*Pbase.com

Comment

@Foxtrott: you can photograph from inside the terminal. McDonalds restaurant at T2 allows a good view of approaching (RWY25) aircraft. Some OPS-Terminals are situated there, so you can check in- and outbound traffic with registrations.

get FRA spotting informations here:
          www.Frankfurt-Aviation-Friends.eu

Comment

Re:

^Thank you Daird, I have a good 4+ hr layover so hopefully I can take the train over to T2. If I have to pass through security though I may not be able to pass through and I'll just stay in T1.

Comment

Keep in mind that it doesn't open until 10am and that you have to go through passport control and security from T2. so with the departure time, anything that departs before 11am chances are you won't have time for it.

Comment

....and, not to forget: its autumn in Europe: rain, wind, temperatures at the moment: 50° F (5:42 AM)....

Comment

And photos will be backlit most of the day.
                  Last edited by seahawk; 2007-12-07, 07:08.

Comment

backlit....? how should this work....?

To check the actual weather conditions, here is a webcam-view from the tower of the Frankfurt Fair:
                    http://www.messefrankfurt.com/corpor...frankfurt.html

Comment

The terrace faces roughly south. Only late in the day you can take some ok shots.

Comment

yeah... you'll looking to the south... Pardon me, the last time, have been there was in December 2004 to take some night shots from the old T-1 deck (like this one: http://www.airliners.net/open.file/0723785/L/). So I forgot . Normally you 'll gonna finde me at the 07 / 25 and RWY18 - spottersites outside the airport. The re-opening of the T-2 -deck doesn't bothers me at all, because they close it at 17:00 and this is in spring and summer the time, when all the interesting traffic comes in.

Comment

yeah... you'll looking to the south... Pardon me, the last time, have been there was in December 2004 to take some night shots from the old T-1 deck (like this one: http://www.airliners.net/open.file/0723785/L/). So I forgot . Normally you 'll gonna find me around the 07 / 25 and RWY18 - spottersites outside the airport. The re-opening of the T-2 -deck doesn't bothers me at all, because they close it at 17:00 and this is in spring and summer the time, when all the interesting traffic comes in.

Comment

Re:

Yeah, I've been at FRA several times before and with the sun angle pretty low from the south, it is a hindrance especially on clear days in autmn/winter. Many thanks to all those who replied!

Comment

Working...
                            X