Alliegant Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Alliegant Question

Does anyone know where the MD-87s usually go?

Re:

Allegiant's MD-87s are based at IWA/AZA and FLL. They usually serve thinner routes since they have 130 seats compared to the 150 seat MD-81/82/83s. As IWA/AZA and FLL mature, Allegiant may shift the MD-87s to other bases.

Comment

You see them in and out of Laughlin, Nevada a lot...
      Trump is an idiot!
      Vote Democrats!!

Comment

Thanks for the reply, so if i wanted to get on one, my best bet would be to fly out of FLL?

Mike

Comment

When you book a trip on their website IIRC it'll tell you what A/C they'll be using on that flight.

-Chris

Comment

Originally posted by jetbluekid
            Thanks for the reply, so if i wanted to get on one, my best bet would be to fly out of FLL?
            That's right Mike, either FLL or IWA.

Originally posted by z740
            When you book a trip on their website IIRC it'll tell you what A/C they'll be using on that flight.
            Actually Allegiant's website currently does not show what type of A/C is operating a given flight.

Would be a nice feature, but the added expense in modifying the booking engine to show that information does not make business sense. As far as their customers know, they'll be flying on a big jet, and that's all they really care to know.

Comment

Originally posted by FLY G4
              Actually Allegiant's website currently does not show what type of A/C is operating a given flight.

Would be a nice feature, but the added expense in modifying the booking engine to show that information does not make business sense. As far as their customers know, they'll be flying on a big jet, and that's all they really care to know.
              Well it looks like the ol' brain needs a new hard drive. I'm losing my memory. I know Travelocity has this feature along with Orbitz(I think).

-Chris

Comment

Originally posted by FLY G4
                That's right Mike, either FLL or IWA.

So we're thinking about CHA or TRI...would you suggest calling them to make sure or is it a pretty good chance that it would be an -87?

Comment

Stockton-Metro, which is inbetween Sacramento and Modesto, gets Alliegant MD-87s from AZA. Kind of random seeing as the only other action Stockton gets is Skywest Embraer 120s. I should go down and shoot one, haven't seen an MD-87 since the demise of Reno Air.
                  sigpic
                  http://www.jetphotos.net/showphotos.php?userid=170

Comment

Working...
                  X