Something has crashed in Kiev, Ukraine

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Something has crashed in Kiev, Ukraine

Turned the TV on today to find out that something, not exactly indentified, has crashed in Kiev, Ukraine.
    According to the pl news (translation):

A passenger plane (not sure) has crashed in the area of Kiev airport according to the Intefrax-Ukraine. According to the same agency, 5 people we killed.

The crash occured around 17 (5pm) local (making it 10am Torontonian or Eastern time). The plane is said to be a charter flight from from Czech Republic to Ukraine's capital city Kiev. The airplane crashed while approaching Kiev's airport (not the main Borispol Int. airport but the other one). The plane has fell onto the ground, next to a local highway and burnt down. According to the ministry of special situations (or w.e. you call that in english) all 5 people on board were killed. There might be more casualties, as the plane fell onto the local construction site.

So it should be a small plane, but the picture posted next to the article shows a KLM 737....I'm confused...

5 people we killed.
    PAT!!!

Sorry to hear about this incident. The translation wasn't all that great so it took me a bit to figure out exactly what happened. No offense Pat. My prayers with the victims families.

-Chris

Comment

Sorry for a poor translation. I suck at translating. Plus I am fighting a massive hangover from my last night's 18th bday party so I stil cant speak properly.

Comment

Pat you're an adult now you have to learn how to control yourself.

Does anyone else have any info on the crash?

-Chris

Comment

Here is some more information from the BBC:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/europe/7135519.stm

Regards.
          TAP - Transportes Aéreos Portugueses

Voe mais alto. Fly higher.

www.flytap.com

Comment

Thank you!

-Chris

Comment

The photo looks like a KLM liveried Beechcraft Bonanza or Baron.

Comment

Originally posted by AJ
                The photo looks like a KLM liveried Beechcraft Bonanza or Baron.
                That's very interesting...would it have been owned/operated by KLM?

Comment

KLM Flying School operates some Beech Barons and Bonanzas as trainer.

get FRA spotting informations here:
                  www.Frankfurt-Aviation-Friends.eu

Comment

Originally posted by pkonowrocki
                    So it should be a small plane, but the picture posted next to the article shows a KLM 737....I'm confused...
                    Where did you get the picture from? According to scramble.nl and planes.cz the plane involved was actually a Minib operated King Air registered D-IBDH.
                    Please visit my website! http://www.schipholspotter.com/

Don't make me use uppercase...

Comment

After checking the news and the photos, I have come to the conclusion that the pictures of the wreckage doesn't fit to the described accident and shows a different airplane.
                      The aircraft crashed close to a motorway near the airport in bad weather. The shown KLM is only partly damaged and surroundings looking like spring or summer to me, so I cannot see the KLM belongs to the described accident.

get FRA spotting informations here:
                      www.Frankfurt-Aviation-Friends.eu

Comment

Working...
                      X