NWA : Seattle to LHR?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NWA : Seattle to LHR?

It was rumored yesterday that NWA will soon add a Seattle to London route. If so, we have been acquiring quite a few new international routes here in Seattle. We've recently seen the addition of Air France and Lufthansa (soon to come).

I've not yet seen anything official on the NWA addition, however.
    Steve J. Garrod

Seattle, WA

The Ship Café

Just found this.
    Steve J. Garrod

Seattle, WA

The Ship Café

Comment

Hmm I would have thought they'd fly to gatwick considering how many of their A330's they have there already.

Comment

Originally posted by BA747-436
        Hmm I would have thought they'd fly to gatwick considering how many of their A330's they have there already.

I wonder if they are planning to switch to LHR instead of LGW or just have LHR-DTW for NWA since BA flies to DTW. I know that the Bermuda II agreement (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bermuda_II) keeps NWA at LGW for its MSP route but could it do DTW from LHR nonstop?

Comment

Originally posted by CcrlR
          I wonder if they are planning to switch to LHR instead of LGW or just have LHR-DTW for NWA since BA flies to DTW.
          BA is dropping their DTW flight. Hence NW will now have split London ops from DTW, with one flight each from LHR and LGW, whereas MSP and SEA will see one daily LHR flight each.

Comment

Where will this A332 or A333 equipment coming from for SEA-LHR-SEA? Apperntly DTW-LGW Will be 757-200 Equipment now.
            John Poshepny

If the Wright brother were alive today Wilbur would have to fire Orville to reduce costs.— Herb Kelleher, Southwest Airlines, 'USA Today,' 1994

Comment

Originally posted by AASuper80Fan
              Where will this A332 or A333 equipment coming from for SEA-LHR-SEA? Apperntly DTW-LGW Will be 757-200 Equipment now.
              The 752 can cross the Atlantic? I never knew that. I guess it's pretty obvious though.

-Chris

Comment

Originally posted by z740
                The 752 can cross the Atlantic? I never knew that. I guess it's pretty obvious though.

-Chris
                Chris,
                Yes the 752's have been crossing the Atlantic for a while now. Also the SEA-LHR-SEA runs will see 787's accorinding to Neal Cohen EVP-Stragity http://www.komotv.com/news/local/12325451.html
                John Poshepny

If the Wright brother were alive today Wilbur would have to fire Orville to reduce costs.— Herb Kelleher, Southwest Airlines, 'USA Today,' 1994

Comment

Working...
                X