Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Boeing 787 Update - Comprehensive Roundup

For a summary, please click here.
    ...Because The Sky Is A Canvas, Waiting For A Masterpiece...

Click

http://www.sharewatch.com/story.php?storynumber=129553

NEW YORK (Thomson Financial) - Boeing Co. Wednesday was downgraded to equal-weight from overweight at Morgan Stanley, which said concerns over delays in the production schedule of the 787 could keep the stock range bound over the near term.

The brokerage also suspended its $140 price target.

"We have a new level of concern the 787 risks are likely to linger over the stock and not be retired as we had earlier believed," the firm said in a note to clients.

"In our view should Boeing achieve milestones like Power On in January and first flight in March, concerns will only shift to the next hurdle, keeping the shares range bound." The risk rises as the company's goals get harder, Morgan Stanley added, from first flight in the first quarter of 2008 to the delivery of 109 787s by 2009.

"We don't believe this goal is achievable," the firm said.

Click

Comment

787-10 story here.

Click

Comment

Interesting anti Airbus rantings there!

I would suggest that before you completely slate the Airbus corporation and its products that you have a good look at the Boeing corporation! Are they any better, have they made mistakes in the past? I think everybody has that right don't you.
        Why do people have to be so negative and aggressive when it comes to A vs B

I would hold onto my judgement of the Airbus fleet until that DELAYED 787 makes its first flight.......End of Q1 2008.........I wonder?

Comment

Originally posted by landing-gear
          Interesting anti Airbus rantings there!
          Er no.

The 787-10 entry deals largely with the undefined jet and the competition it faces from some of the A350XWB models already on offer.

I dont see how its any different to other op-ed pieces written in the past on the former A330 derived-A350 prior to its “XWB” relaunch vis a vis its competition to the then already launched 787-8, -3 & -9.

It's about how one reacts to the other. Not "A vs B" in the "traditional" sense.

Click

Comment

OK fair comment, i take it you are an avid Embraer supporter?

Sensible question now...do you think 787 will make it into the air on the newly published date?

Comment

Originally posted by landing-gear
              Sensible question now...do you think 787 will make it into the air on the newly published date?
              Unfortunately thats not a sensible question. The Dec 11 media briefing did not stipulate any specific date for first flight to occur.

All that was said was that first flight would occur before the end of Q1 2008.

Do I think it'll happen?

Only if power on is achieved by the end of January, to which Shanahan referred.

Click

Comment

Working...
              X