Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What did i see?

Hey guys,

Last night the 10th of December i was having a spa in my backyard when i saw coming from the East an object flying really slowly, im guessing around 160 knots, it was flying to the west and then turned to the north, at first i thought it was a plane with the landing lights on but then i realised it didn't have any strobe, nav, beacon lights, nothing but the landing lights. Did i see a plane that for some reason didn't have the lights on or was it somthing else? (yeah im guessing a UFO)

thnx
    There's nothing like an airport for bringing you down to earth. — Richard Gordon

You probably saw a plane in which the pilot forgot to turn the lights on. Happens a lot more often than you'd like to think...
    Trump is an idiot!
    Vote Democrats!!

Comment

Originally posted by Chris Kilroy
      You probably saw a plane in which the pilot forgot to turn the lights on. Happens a lot more often than you'd like to think...
      But those lights are meant to be one from before engine startup till the plane in switched off, not even then, sometimes ATC requires the aircraft to keep the Nav lights on, so either the pilot(s) is an absolute idiot, or, no thats all i can think of.
      There's nothing like an airport for bringing you down to earth. — Richard Gordon

Comment

He's an idiot because he didn't have lights on What is this world coming to

Comment

a week ago a plane flew over my house at like 2000ft, i live about 4-5 miles south of lax, it was heading east, couldn't locate it on flight aware, it was a twin jet, like 12 am,any chance milltary? it was going slow too

yes i am a boeing fan, and i know thats a airbus, haha

Comment

Originally posted by Jerrycobra Boeing
            a week ago a plane flew over my house at like 2000ft, i live about 4-5 miles south of lax, it was heading east, couldn't locate it on flight aware, it was a twin jet, like 12 am,any chance milltary? it was going slow too
            Good point, i ddnt think of that, yet i live in Melbourne (main airport is YMML) in Australia, and the nearest air force base is 400km east from Melbourne, i dont think i saw an F18 flying, seemed more like a light plane.

Comment

Military planes don't just have to fly in and out of AFB's. Could have been a trainer...
              Tanner Johnson - Owner
              twenty53 Photography

Comment

Originally posted by QFCPT747
                But those lights are meant to be one from before engine startup till the plane in switched off, not even then, sometimes ATC requires the aircraft to keep the Nav lights on, so either the pilot(s) is an absolute idiot, or, no thats all i can think of.
                Just because they're meant to be doesn't mean they always are. I've seen people not do plenty of things that they should have. Saw a Navajo take off with their trim all out of wack once. He probably worked his biceps pretty good on takeoff.

Comment

I've seen planes on approach to LGA that I'm next to positive had only the Landing lights on. Could have been a simple oversight. My theory is this: never judge what a pilot is doing unless you are qualified to do so AND are in the cockpit.

Comment

No offense, QFCPT747, but I think you're just coming here looking for evidence to "confirm" your sighting, while discounting other reasonable solutions countering your belief.

There are so many factors that could cause you to perceive what you think you saw. (That's a mouthful of a sentence, lol) Almost all "sightings" can be explained by simple reasons.

Comment

Originally posted by avro_arrow_25206
                      No offense, QFCPT747, but I think you're just coming here looking for evidence to "confirm" your sighting, while discounting other reasonable solutions countering your belief.

There are so many factors that could cause you to perceive what you think you saw. (That's a mouthful of a sentence, lol) Almost all "sightings" can be explained by simple reasons.
                      yeah fair enough, and none taken ...But i do find it extremely odd that i didn't see the lights, because i usually do, its not like it was infront of the moon or anything. And i dont beleive in UFO's neway but its just odd.

Comment

it may have been an extra-terrestrial looking for a landing space on earth, we are invading their airspace so it only seems fair...
                        Fly me away....

Comment

Working...
                        X