[photoid=6127655]
    [photoid=6127645]
    [photoid=6127400]
    [photoid=6127398]
    Inactive from May 1 2009.

very nice paint

yes i am a boeing fan, and i know thats a airbus, haha

Comment

One of the best c/s's that I have ever seen. Quite nice. I really like it!
      Whatever is necessary, is never unwise.

Comment

Simply amazing. It's just nice to see Iberia also joins the group of airlines who have a retro paint. Superb!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Tupolev
          Simply amazing. It's just nice to see Iberia also joins the group of airlines who have a retro paint. Superb!!!
          This is the perfect anniversary paintscheme, and a nice addition too in the category or nice retros.

Well everybody is doing it, so why not.

When:

Lufthansa celebrated their 50th Anniversary.
          [photoid=6119332]

Scandinavian AS celebrated its "60th" anniversary
          [photoid=5942958]

American Airlines "Astrojet" adopting one of their B727 scheme, wore in 1964.
          [photoid=5915296]
          Inactive from May 1 2009.

Comment

With the exception of SAS, all those carriers need to be looked at releasing new schemes not old ones!!
            DTVAirport

Comment

Another eye-catcher! How would it look on a larger vehicle... like A340?

get FRA spotting informations here:
              www.Frankfurt-Aviation-Friends.eu

Comment

Looks very nice, not as the DC.4s and CV440s, but nice, a 340 would have been good but compact MiniBus does a lot for the rendering
                Thanks for visiting
                *Avimage's Monthly Slide list *
                *JetPhotos*
                Airliners*Pbase.com

Comment

Sorry to break the flow of good comments here but the new c/s doesn't do a whole lot for me. The gray underside makes it look somewhat like a military gray jet. I think it needs a bit more color OR the colors better arranged like in the LH c/s. Just my personal opinion.

-Chris

Comment

It's nice, but I like Lufthansa's the most followed by Air Canada...
                    Tanner Johnson - Owner
                    twenty53 Photography

Comment

Retro colours representing the spirit of times are gone. A "military gray" was not known by airlines in the 1950s / 1960s, airliners had grey bellies, much more colours with cheatlines on their fuselage or wore simple silver with titles and a futuristc name like "Astrojet".
                      Military c/s was either camo or a cheap silver ( even for some VIP-coaches), which was soon changed to a more civil-styled white with a cheatline for the C-141, C-5, C-135/-137 and even the KC-10 wore the USAF-retro-colours during the 1980's before they were camouflaged.
                      I would say, retro c/s are a highlight, but some carriers really need a new c/s.

get FRA spotting informations here:
                      www.Frankfurt-Aviation-Friends.eu

Comment

Working...
                      X