Boeing Set to Begin Assembly of New 777 Freighter

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Boeing Set to Begin Assembly of New 777 Freighter

At Yahoo Finance, you get free stock quotes, up-to-date news, portfolio management resources, international market data, social interaction and mortgage rates that help you manage your financial life.

SEATTLE, Dec. 13 /PRNewswire-FirstCall/ -- The Boeing Company (NYSE: BA - News) is set to begin full production of its new 777 Freighter now that engineers recently have completed more than 90 percent of the design work for the new cargo airplane. Boeing will start assembly of the first 777 Freighter in early 2008 at its Everett, Wash., facility.

Suppliers already have begun production of parts and major components for Boeing's newest freighter. The first 777 Freighter will be delivered to launch customer Air France in the fourth quarter of 2008.

"We designed the 777 Freighter to be the most capable twin-engine cargo airplane," said Larry Loftis, vice president, 777 Program, Boeing Commercial Airplanes. "We are excited to begin building the first 777 Freighter and to put the airplane into service so it can demonstrate its unmatched capabilities."

The 777 Freighter will fly farther and provide more capacity than any other twin-engine cargo airplane. In addition, the main cargo deck door of the 777 Freighter is sized to facilitate easy direct-transfer shipments with the 747 freighter fleet, which provides about half of the world's freighter capacity.
    Good to read that .

Predicted roll out is April/May.
    ...Because The Sky Is A Canvas, Waiting For A Masterpiece...

Click

Comment

does anybody know whether DHL or UPS will be ordering any 777 freighters? would make a nice change from the 757/A300 and 767

Comment

ups ordered some after the a380f canceled, i think its 10 of em, with 10 options

yes i am a boeing fan, and i know thats a airbus, haha

Comment

I just that I would never see the day when the 777 would be a freighter, more importantly, delivered as one from the factory. I definately never though that we would see cargo carriers ordering said aircraft new!

Good luck to both. I can't wait to see it!
          Whatever is necessary, is never unwise.

Comment

Originally posted by Jerrycobra Boeing
            ups ordered some after the a380f canceled, i think its 10 of em, with 10 options
            UPS didn't order any 77Fs. UPS ordered 27 763Fs when they cancelled their A380F order. It was FedEx who ordered 15 77Fs when they cancelled their A380F order.

Comment

Major assembly starts Jan 29, 2008.
              ...Because The Sky Is A Canvas, Waiting For A Masterpiece...

Click

Comment

On Your Doorstep Package Delivery

British Airways announces new service using 777 Freighters - home delivery
                ASMEL-IA 1978 A&P-IA 1965 First Aloft 1954 DC-4
                Dad: B-24 Ploesti Self: U205A1 private ops Nam

Comment

Originally posted by DAL767-400ER
                  UPS didn't order any 77Fs. UPS ordered 27 763Fs when they cancelled their A380F order. It was FedEx who ordered 15 77Fs when they cancelled their A380F order.
                  i knew that, lol ups also got a few 747s too right?

yes i am a boeing fan, and i know thats a airbus, haha

Comment

Originally posted by Uncle Jay
                    British Airways announces new service using 777 Freighters - home delivery
                    When did BA order those?

Comment

Originally posted by Jerrycobra Boeing
                      i knew that, lol ups also got a few 747s too right?
                      A bunch of (very) old 741s and 742s which will soon head to Victorville, Marana or Mohave to Rest In Scraps .

Originally posted by sfoflyer
                      When did BA order those?
                      Humor is often misunderstood on internet forums .

Comment

Working...
                      X