Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Greater Toronto Airport Authority speaks about Air France Flight 358

Sorry guys, 2 days late.
    GTAA has released a press comment about Air France Flight 358 accident report.

While there are no recommendations relating specifically to the GTAA’s operation of Toronto Pearson, we will await Transport Canada’s review of the report and will work closely with them should there be any changes to the rules and regulations that govern the airport
    http://www.gtaa.com/en/news/torontop...e-b931e7304756

Air France Flight 358 flying from Paris to Toronto has crashed after overrunning runway 24L. The aircraft was landing in a heavy storm and heavy crossiwnds, as well as low visibility. There were no fatalities. The aircraft, Airbus A340-300, was written off.

The report states:

Airbus 340, landed approximately 3,800 feet down Runway 24L, which did not leave adequate stopping distance for the aircraft. Runway 24L is 9,000 feet long and, as confirmed in the report, meets all regulations as set out by Transport Canada. The runway was opened in October 2002 and was designed and built in compliance with all Canadian safety standards.

Would be pretty interesting to see how that crash will change the rules of operations at CYYZ.

Originally posted by pkonowrocki
    Would be pretty interesting to see how that crash will change the rules of operations at CYYZ.
    Nothing will happen Pat. The GTAA never makes any errors. It is always someone elses fault.

Comment

Dale, I sense some animosity there...
      My Flickr Pictures! Click Me!

Comment

Originally posted by Cam
        Dale, I sense some animosity there...
        Darn I was trying for some "outright hostility" at the world's most expensive airport.

Comment

Originally posted by ptbodale
          Darn I was trying for some "outright hostility" at the world's most expensive airport.
          They still didn't reduce those fees ? Everytime I go to the airport every second monitor displays info about how the airlines and people are being robber because of the fees etc. Same with the GTAA website.

Comment

on a mayday episode they talked about the crash. it would have been suficiant landing length in dry conditions. but obviously it was raining.
            I'm the guy... Porter Guy

Comment

also the reverse thrust was not opened right as the plane landed
              I'm the guy... Porter Guy

Comment

And they touched down 3800ft into the runway!

Comment

Originally posted by pkonowrocki
                  They still didn't reduce those fees ? Everytime I go to the airport every second monitor displays info about how the airlines and people are being robber because of the fees etc. Same with the GTAA website.
                  Never decrease, only increase!

I guess we shouldn't complain. At least we still have a #1 in the world record, after some crappy tower in Dubai knocked the CN Tower off the "tallest freestanding structure in the world" title.

Comment

Originally posted by avro_arrow_25206
                    after some crappy tower in Dubai knocked the CN Tower off the "tallest freestanding structure in the world" title.
                    Seriously that really pissed me off. I just wanna see Dubai, after they run out of oil. Would be a one big junk yard. Hopefully they will be selling their super cars for cheap

Comment

Working...
                    X