Another Saturday night, another emergency diversion at YYT

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Another Saturday night, another emergency diversion at YYT

Last night (Saturday Dec 15) around 11 pm local YYT time, Aer Lingus 132 BOS-SNN, made an emergency diversion to CYYT with a cracked windscreen.
    The aircraft was A330 EI-LAX. Another aircraft is supposed to be brought in today to get the passengers to Shannon.
    I won't see it, I'm going to bed after another long night shift.

http://www.jetphotos.net/viewphoto.p...6101008&nseq=4

Must have been one of the front ones. Aer Lingus is bringing another acft and mechanics over but AC will help.

Comment

Has the aircraft left yet? How did things go? Did anyone get any pics?
      Whatever is necessary, is never unwise.

Comment

Originally posted by AA 1818
        Has the aircraft left yet? How did things go? Did anyone get any pics?
        As of 0700 local time at YYT (15 minutes ago) EI-LAX is still here. The windscreen has been replaced and it is now getting ready to leave. ETD is at 0800 local time. But!! We are having a heck of a snowstorm here right now.
        I didn't get any pictures. Nights plus being very busy= no time for photos.
        Last night we had a AC763 YYZ-YHZ (AC618 ) divert here due to YHZ weather and a AC E190 YOW-YHZ (AC1180) divert here due to YHZ weather.

Comment

You are going to get an A343 tomorrow night (well 18th to 19th) to move some of the people out that are backlogged. AC2626-18 and AC2627-19.

Comment

Originally posted by ptbodale
            You are going to get an A343 tomorrow night (well 18th to 19th) to move some of the people out that are backlogged. AC2626-18 and AC2627-19.
            Send it in on the dayshift please. Nights are hard enough

Comment

Originally posted by C-GEPA
              Send it in on the dayshift please. Nights are hard enough
              No acft available for a day ops. Oops, the A343 is going to YHZ, We will send you a B762. Sorry

Comment

Originally posted by C-GEPA
                But!! We are having a heck of a snowstorm here right now.
                I didn't get any pictures. Nights plus being very busy= no time for photos.
                Well stay warm, the last thing that we need is a sick spotter. Haha, just to be mean, here in Florida, we are getting such cold weather, its a freezing 68 degrees!
                Whatever is necessary, is never unwise.

Comment

Working...
                X