FL Pax Gets Pee-soaked Seat

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FL Pax Gets Pee-soaked Seat

WINCHENDON, Mass. -- A Winchendon woman said an airline did not help her after she sat in a urine-soaked seat on a West Palm Beach, Fla., to Boston flight on Sunday night.

"I was sitting maybe 30 seconds to minute and realized that my pants were soaked," Jennifer Castellano said.

Castellano said she went to the lavatory to check her jeans and long sweater.

"I then realized I was saturated in urine from the smell," she said.

Castellano said a flight attendant told her someone had gone to the bathroom in the seat during the previous flight.

"A flight attendant told me that on the previous flight a man had urinated on himself in that particular seat. And I said, 'I'm not sitting on a three hours flight soaked in someone else's urine. That is absolutely disgusting,'" Castellano said.

Castellano took off the wet clothes, wrapped herself in a blanket and changed seats. When the flight arrived in Boston, airliner personnel said they could not get her luggage.

"I get off the plane in Logan, I had to walk through the terminal in a blanket to retrieve my bags from baggage claim. It was humiliating, degrading to walk through an airport dressed like this. They did not offer me any clothes vouchers, to get my bags from baggage claim. They did nothing -- absolutely nothing," she said.
    Follow me on Twitter! www.twitter.com/flyingphotog

Sucks for her. She can't have access to her bags in the pax terminal no matter way....god forbid she touch something that wasn't TSA rape...SCREENED. They might have to lock down the entire airport, strip search everyone, then take aside all the towel-heads.

Comment

I guess I'm glad that the FL/YX merger didn't go through after all...

Midwest Airlines - The Best Care In The Air

Comment

That is just diusgusting!

I feel sorry for that woman.

Regards,

GJ
        "A pilot lives in a world of perfection or does not live at all."

Comment

that sounds great

yes i am a boeing fan, and i know thats a airbus, haha

Comment

Poor woman. Not great customer service. Very unfortunate.

Better than when a lady in first class got peed on by another passenger.... but thats for another day

It amazes me how many people go to the bathroom on longhaul flights in bare feet though...

Comment

Originally posted by MCM
              Poor woman. Not great customer service. Very unfortunate.

Better than when a lady in first class got peed on by another passenger.... but thats for another day

It amazes me how many people go to the bathroom on longhaul flights in bare feet though...
              Or anywhere else for that matter. I know a guy that did that at McDonalds. Ugh

Comment

Originally posted by polishsausage248
                I guess I'm glad that the FL/YX merger didn't go through after all...

Oh sure, I am sure a pee-stained seat would have been a real disservice to the mighty YX! How would they have handled it differently?

BTW, while this incident was sad, what else could have been done for her? I mean, what did she expect? Was FL supposed to have clothes waiting for her? I can understand that she shoud be upset that the seat was not tagged/removed or booked, but then again, accidents happen. Had FL staff knonw of the incident, they would have done something to prevent her discomfort/embarassing sittutation. What else did she expect? I still do not understand why she did not have extra clothes in her carry-on. Apart from that, how many of you think that the airline should have opened her checked baggage for her while the flight was at the gate?
                Whatever is necessary, is never unwise.

Comment

Her point, I believe, is that they should have assisted by getting her some clothes so she wasn't walking through the terminal in a blanket before she got to the baggage claim.

I am somewhat surprised they didn't go through lost property to find her something to wear just for the short walk. I don't carry clothes in my carry on bag for a short sector either.. these days they want to to take as little carry on as possible.

I think the airline definately should have provided her some form of compensation/assistance to get the clothes cleaned. I know my airline would have given her either a voucher or assistance to get the clothes dry-cleaned after that sort of incident.

Thats what you get with a good full service carrier. Even the Lo Co's should be willing to assist in this sort of situation.

Comment

The real question is why the seat wasn't properly cleaned before the flight, considering the flight crew had full knowledge of what happened.

Comment

Originally posted by E-Diddy!
                      The real question is why the seat wasn't properly cleaned before the flight, considering the flight crew had full knowledge of what happened.
                      Remember, we have not had a statement from the airline. I am sure that the conversation probably went something along the lines that after the fact the crew said "well, it probably was a passenger on the last flight that did it". I mean come on, there is very little possibliity of anyone else doing it. COME ON!!! WHY WOULD FL PUT HER IN THE DAMN SEAT IF IT WAS DIRTY TO BEGIN WITH? I know that we want publicity, but we are not this starved for it. I love how the article went out of their way to paint us as a horrible carrier, when all of their evidence is hear-say. Has the airline released a statement? Nop, but we are given the one-sided statement. The funny thing is that no matter what the airline does, people will always remember the negative publicity. Sucks cuz the airline will not ever really have a say in this whole matter.

Comment

Hahaha another FL horor story. Very unfortunate for the woman.

A good buddy of mine at NZ who used to work for FL has told me many, many stories in his 5 months with them. From rival gang members giving ghetto beat downs at the gate to pax finding poop in the barf bags, strange things happen at FL.

According to my friend, about twice a month an FL flight would have to return to SFO because a passanger would have such a bad stench the other pax couldn't take it. I guess FL is what happens when you put an LCC in Asslanta.
                        sigpic
                        http://www.jetphotos.net/showphotos.php?userid=170

Comment

Disqusting and very sad! Poor lady.
                          BH Airlines A319

Comment

[QUOTE=AA 1818]Oh sure, I am sure a pee-stained seat would have been a real disservice to the mighty YX! How would they have handled it differently?
                            [QUOTE]
                            Hmmm...maybe somehow cleaned the seat up a little bit? Warn her about it beforehand? Get her luggage?

Midwest Airlines - The Best Care In The Air

Comment

I just find it too funny that the poster of this thread did not include this little excerpt :

An Air Tran representative said it is against federal regulations for airline personnel to retrieve passenger luggage. They said Air Tran is investigating the incident and will refund Castellano the purchase price of her ticket and refund the cost of the damaged clothing.
                              I would have thought that this little piece of information would have been pertienent, but I can see this information should be discarded. Biased? Surely not.

Comment

Working...
                              X