Maxjet liquidates...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Maxjet liquidates...

so long to another carrier hit hard by high fuel costs..

www.maxjet.com

Wow..they weren't even very old, were they?

Comment

Inaugural service was in November 2005 I think.

Regards, IB M87
      http://www.MD-80.com / MD-80.com on facebook https://www.facebook.com/MD80com / MD-80.com on Twitter: https://twitter.com/MD80com

Comment

Really sad, i hate too see airlines go bankrupt.

So what happend to the pilots did they go to another airline?
        BH Airlines A319

Comment

Bye bye pretty airplanes.
          Tanner Johnson - Owner
          twenty53 Photography

Comment

Originally posted by Asmir Hamidovic
            So what happend to the pilots did they go to another airline?
            There are a lot more people than just the pilots to be concerned about.

Comment

Sad to see people lose there job's on Christmas Eve. Maxjet was a good idea but one that really never had a chance to make it. Yes they got their planes cheap but they also got old ones to. Their MX costs were high, fuel prices to fill a 76 were high and the plane was empty...It was only a couple months ago that MaxJet finally had the bright idea to fill its belly with cargo, perhaps a bit to late. They were a nice add to JFK's variety and I'll be sorry to see them go. Best wishes to the folks at MaxJet I hope they can find work quickly.

Comment

It sucks to lose your job this time of year.
                John Poshepny

If the Wright brother were alive today Wilbur would have to fire Orville to reduce costs. Herb Kelleher, Southwest Airlines, 'USA Today,' 1994

Comment

Originally posted by ptbodale
                  There are a lot more people than just the pilots to be concerned about.
                  I was thinking the same thing....but people always think of the planes that are flying that have the people. Everything else is run by robots.
                  My Flickr Pictures! Click Me!

Comment

Originally posted by Tanner_J
                    Bye bye pretty airplanes.
                    Seriously! Those were some very very attractive looking schemes. Well then again, as with every new market - there is going to be shakouts...

Originally posted by tommyalf
                    Best wishes to the folks at MaxJet I hope they can find work quickly.
                    Here here! It suck to see that so many lost their jobs. I really hope that someone else will pick them up!
                    Whatever is necessary, is never unwise.

Comment

At least they've done the honourable thing and done everything to assist their customers. More than can be said for a couple of well known UK LoCosts when they cancel a flight and just refund the ticket cost and tell you to bugger off !!

The MaxJet collapse is a tragedy, personally speaking, mostly because I was going to use them next year.

Edit... That sounds awfully selfish of me. So sorry for those MaxJet employees affected. Lets hope that other horizons open for them.
                      Last edited by brianw999; 2007-12-25, 14:03.
                      If it 'ain't broken........ Don't try to mend it !

Comment

Originally posted by brianw999
                        At least they've done the honourable thing and done everything to assist their customers. More than can be said for a couple of well known UK LoCosts when they cancel a flight and just refund the ticket cost and tell you to bugger off !!
                        I did not know much of MaxJet, but I feel sympathy for the one who run the shop and have to close whereas it's not entirely their faults !
                        Thanks for visiting
                        *Avimage's Monthly Slide list *
                        *JetPhotos*
                        Airliners*Pbase.com

Comment

Wow, didn't see that comming. Thought they were doing well. Sad to hear this.
                          sigpic
                          http://www.jetphotos.net/showphotos.php?userid=170

Comment

I think its pretty F****D up that you would do this to your employees on Christmas Eve.

Comment

^May be they also had no other choice. Otherwise, I also see the loss of an attractive alternative from some US legacy airlines in crossing the Pond in term of quality service ....
                              Thanks for visiting
                              *Avimage's Monthly Slide list *
                              *JetPhotos*
                              Airliners*Pbase.com

Comment

Working...
                              X