Cessna vs Piper checklist question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cessna vs Piper checklist question

I have commited to memory the checklist for the pa-28-140 pa-28-181 etc. Next year I'm going to get my licence current again but for the first time I'll be flying Cessna's. I was wondering if the Archer checklist can be transposed onto the 182's checklist easily enough? I suspect there will be just slight variations, is that correct?

Thanks

Oh and also I was wondering what peoples thoughts are on the Piper Archer vs Cessna 182 generally speaking, what do you prefer to fly?

How old is the 182? It's going to be a heavy aircraft compared to the Archer. You also have to deal with the constant speed prop, cowl flaps, and manifold pressure. It will be a 6 cylinder engine compared to a 4 cylinder engine. This means a lot more power and the plane will have more oomph so to say and it will also be faster.

Checklist wise, the cockpits aren't really similar and there's more to do in the 182. It just takes some time getting used to.

I fly the 172, 182, and Warrior now. I can say going from the 182 to the Warrior...it feels like a kite. But the 182 is really stable...just very nose heavy. Keep the nose UP UP UP UP UP.

Shoot me a PM if you have any more questions or feel free to ask them here.

Comment

Thanks for that Crism, my apoligies though because I got my wires crossed, I will be flying a 172 not a 182, I'm not sure if their much different because I've never flown Cessna's before. Here is a photo of the actual 172 I'll be flying early next year, I'm not too sure how old it is though. http://www.jetphotos.net/viewphoto.php?id=108525&nseq=0

For convenience I'm hoping I can transpose the 181 checklist for the most part to the 172 checklist but I do realise there are a number of differences.

Comment

Don't stress yourself too much... the 172 is not a hard aircraft to fly, just watch the high nose attitude you need on landing to stop yourself snapping a nose gear (similar to a 182.. but that is much heavier).

As to checklists... your flying school will have their own checklists to run for the aircraft. Trust me, they aren't hard, and after a couple of flights they will seem very natural.

If the checklist you are using at the moment is well written there should essentially be no change whatsoever

Don't sweat it... just enjoy it

Comment

I agree. When you land, pitch the nose up to the sky, keep it there, and don't let it drop. I'm not sure of the specs on the Reims but it will fly nice. They're incredibly easy aircraft to fly and if you have confidence, you shouldn't have a problem.

Let us know how it goes.

Comment

Ok thanks guys.

I work for Air New Zealand which has it's own flying club (consists of 5 or so Cessna's). I've been told that you have to work for ANZ or be affiliated with the airline to be a member of the flying club so It's a nice private, casual flying club with cheap aircraft hire rates (because it's a non profit organisation).

I've got my CPL but havent flown in several years so in the next few months I'll get current up to PPL standard through the ANZ flying club. Up untill now I've done all my flying through the main aero club in Christchurch, it's pretty stressfull there because it's so busy & aircraft are always booked up etc so I wont miss that place thats for sure.

Comment

Working...
            X