Have you ever noticed....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Have you ever noticed....

Have you ever noticed, that every aircraft type in the USairways fleet has at least 10 of each model, repainted in the new USairways/ AWA livery except for the A321? Can someone tell me why.
    Advancements in air travel have only come so far...only to plummet

Originally posted by banstaman
    Have you ever noticed, that every aircraft type in the USairways fleet has at least 10 of each model, repainted in the new USairways/ AWA livery except for the A321? Can someone tell me why.
    Yes.
    Mr. Parker is highly superstitious.
    You see, if there were 10 painted, the total of the digits (aircraft type and number repainted) would be 3+2+1+1+0=5. Five is a prime number. Primes are considered black or evil numbers in many indiginous cultures, especially those of the Maya, of which his Mother (Tlet'xa Menchu Arias-Parker) is, ethnically speaking. However, with nine repainted in the fleet, that gives you 3+2+1+9=15. 15 is not prime, and thus is safe. No more will be painted until completion of the second hangar, whereafter two can be painted at once. If two are painted exactly simultaneously, this will raise the total to eleven. 3+2+1+1+1=8, which is not only non-prime, but also a perfect cube (2^3). This is considered extremely lucky to the mayans, and 8 is also considered lucky by many Asian cultures.
    That's why.

Comment

Originally posted by Star Alliance
      Yes.
      You see, if there were 10 painted, the total of the digits (aircraft type and number repainted) would be 3+2+1+1+0=5. Five is a prime number. Primes are considered black or evil numbers in many indiginous cultures, especially those of the Maya, of which his Mother (Tlet'xa Menchu Arias-Parker) is, ethnically speaking. However, with nine repainted in the fleet, that gives you 3+2+1+9=15. 15 is not prime, and thus is safe. No more will be painted until completion of the second hangar, whereafter two can be painted at once. If two are painted exactly simultaneously, this will raise the total to eleven. 3+2+1+1+1=8, which is not only non-prime, but also a perfect cube (2^3). This is considered extremely lucky to the mayans, and 8 is also considered lucky by many Asian cultures.
      That's why.
      WOW! That was incredbile. I did not ever consider that, thanks alot for sharing that with us - and I thought that I was superstitios. Any other weird superstitious things going on at US?
      Whatever is necessary, is never unwise.

Comment

Star Alliance you have waaaaaaaay too much time on your hands.

Comment

Yes.
          That's why.
          ROFLLL..... BRILLIANT!!!

The only reason that I can think of is that they haven't gotten around to it or that the routes that the A321 fly are extremely busy this time of year and they can't spare them for a paint job.

-Chris

Comment

Originally posted by ptbodale
            Star Alliance you have waaaaaaaay too much time on your hands.
            Haha, it was the last post before bed, and it was all I could do not to get in the fray in the Avsim thread...Don't Judge Me!
            And
            Originally posted by AA 1818
            WOW! That was incredbile. I did not ever consider that, thanks alot for sharing that with us - and I thought that I was superstitios. Any other weird superstitious things going on at US?
            I was just kidding mate. I imagine that it's just because they haven't gotten around to doing the rest yet. And since we were playing with numbers anyhow...

Comment

I was just kidding mate. I imagine that it's just because they haven't gotten around to doing the rest yet. And since we were playing with numbers anyhow...
              Damn, well you damn well fooled me. Haha, you should get a job with the press. Haha, too funny!
              Whatever is necessary, is never unwise.

Comment

lol, star alliance philosophy, and 8, in chinese, i am one btw, sounds like the word 'luck", so yea, its lucky, and 4, well, its sounds like the word die

yes i am a boeing fan, and i know thats a airbus, haha

Comment

The main priority i think was to get the America West planes repainted first. As for the US Airways units they are getting repainted as they go in for heavy maint. I can tell you that US and United have a lot of planes in the old colors that are well over due for a fresh coat of paint.
                  Robin Guess Aviation Historian, Photographer, Web Designer.

http://www.Jet-Fighters.Net
                  http://www.Jet-Liners.Net

Comment

Working...
                  X