Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Do you think that cell phone usage should be allowed on aircraft?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do you think that cell phone usage should be allowed on aircraft?

Ok, well seeing that Air France has initiated testing, and futher that airlines in the U.S. are going to be testing on-board internet capabilities, how does the idea of on-board cell-phone usage rub you? What are the possible advantages of such a move? What are the possible dis-advantages?
    No, not at all...
    32.14%
    No, only allow texting and email...
    53.57%
    Yes, but have a "cell-phone" cabin of the aircraft...
    3.57%
    Yes, but only on short-haul flights...
    3.57%
    Yes, all the time...
    7.14%
    Whatever is necessary, is never unwise.

I vote for allowing only sms, email and other application for texting. I do not like the idea In-flight cellphone allowance because this will annoy other pax around the user(s).

On Short Haul or even Long Haul. Phoning should be used in certain period of time so that it will no be a cause of disturbing other pax. On the other hand, phoning should be allowed to use in a certain limited time (let's say 5 (10) mins or less).

I could not image how the pax sitting next to you keep talking for more than 10 mins or right the time you just fall as sleep or taking a snap?

Airliners should install a small room for all paxs, those who want to use their cell-phone so that the caller at least at some point will not disturb other pax or even their conversation would be in privacy.

Comment

I vote for No Cell phone use...

If anything allow inflight wireless internet access but block useres from using Skype and any other types of voice IM services.

It is bad enough being on a flight and the people in the rows around you yacking it up all flight long. Now all we need is some yuppie business man yelling on the cell phone at his contacts or workers at FL370. If the converation is really that important use the air phone at $10.00 a Min.
      Robin Guess Aviation Historian, Photographer, Web Designer.

http://www.Jet-Fighters.Net
      http://www.Jet-Liners.Net

Comment

I'm with Robin. No, NO and NO ! to voice and text cellphone use. People tend to speak loudly or even shout when using a cellphone in normal circumstances so God knows what it would be like in the relatively noisy confines of an aircraft cabin.

Text messages are just as bad what with the varying tones available today. Who wants Ozzie Osbourne telling all and sundry that the person next to you has a message with the tone "Oi, you CXXX, you've got a FXXXXXX text" !!

Some airlines have laptop plugins, normally in Business and First where silent emailing is adequate for business use. No real problem there provided the incoming email doesn't have an alarm sound and lets face it, its only really business people who have a real NEED to communicate during a flight.
        If it 'ain't broken........ Don't try to mend it !

Comment

Definitely not. It's bad enough on a train, but at least you can generally move to the next coach (but probably run into another person doing the same). But it'd not be so easy to escape on an aeroplane. The high cost isn't going to deter a lot of people, to be honest.

Comment

No, absolutely not. It's bad enough to put up with cellphone users everywhere else in the world.

Comment

Texting and email I think are fine as the person won't be screaming into the phone. Its as if they were using a laptop or other PDA type device.

Comment

Last thing i want to hear on an airplane is someone talking with someone over a phone, then of course, sometimes people yell etc.

Comment

Originally posted by ptbodale
                  No, absolutely not. It's bad enough to put up with cellphone users everywhere else in the world.
                  Proud member of the antis, let me even single out as an Ayatullah. Just hearing on a forced basis all those douchbags and cerebral cretins in suburban trains is enough. So, on board aircrafts one can't step out at cruise level, I even decree TOTAL BAN
                  Thanks for visiting
                  *Avimage's Monthly Slide list *
                  *JetPhotos*
                  Airliners*Pbase.com

Comment

Texting/E-mail, no big deal there. The same thing people do with laptops essentially.

But talking on the phone. NO! Can you imagine a whole cabin yacking away on cellphones for hours?
                    sigpic
                    http://www.jetphotos.net/showphotos.php?userid=170

Comment

I would in favor of it as long as it was only Texting and E-Mails. If they allowed talking I'd go nuts.
                      John Poshepny

If the Wright brother were alive today Wilbur would have to fire Orville to reduce costs.— Herb Kelleher, Southwest Airlines, 'USA Today,' 1994

Comment

Texting and email, sure, as you want, but Cell phones, NO. It would be A N N O Y I N G. Atleast thats what I think.

Comment

i would say only email and texting, but even then the phone has to be on silent, because that little sound of all the beeps is really annoying, but i say no phone usage, and there hsould only be a air phone at the very rear of each cabin.
                          There's nothing like an airport for bringing you down to earth. — Richard Gordon

Comment

Originally posted by QFCPT747
                            i would say only email and texting, but even then the phone has to be on silent, because that little sound of all the beeps is really annoying, but i say no phone usage, and there hsould only be a air phone at the very rear of each cabin.
                            I'd agree with that, that it must be on silent mode.
                            John Poshepny

If the Wright brother were alive today Wilbur would have to fire Orville to reduce costs.— Herb Kelleher, Southwest Airlines, 'USA Today,' 1994

Comment

text only, i vote the wrong one though, all i would do really is only play games on it

yes i am a boeing fan, and i know thats a airbus, haha

Comment

Working...
                              X