Jax Airport

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by deltafan92
    And why would it make no sense? Have you even been to Jacksonville?
    Yep for the airshow on the beach last semester and I hope I don't have to go back ever again lol. Its bad enough I have to drive through it in a week

Comment

Originally posted by Crism
      Yep for the airshow on the beach last semester and I hope I don't have to go back ever again lol. Its bad enough I have to drive through it in a week

Well JAX is not big as JFK and busy as ATL but dammit its a nice airport and Jax is a great city haha.

BH Airlines A319

Comment

Yeah Jax is not very big but the airport has improved alot and is much bigger. And as a side note the airshow will be at NAS this year!

Comment

Originally posted by Asmir Hamidovic
          You go out on runways and tarmacs and we can take great pics.
          Sounds a little too dangerous if you ask me...
          Tanner Johnson - Owner
          twenty53 Photography

Comment

Originally posted by Tanner_J
            Sounds a little too dangerous if you ask me...

Not at JIA lol at the GA airport.

Next to the runway with supervision of a airport employee. I went three times and witnessed great touch and goes by B727, B757, and a U.S. Coast Guard C-130.

Cecil field was also converting a Iclandair 757 from pax version to cargo.
            BH Airlines A319

Comment

There is a program which goes on twice a year called Young Aviator Association which takes High School students to Jia, Craig, Herlog, and Cecik for a tour twice every other week. And it is free if you are interested tell me i can tell you when the next one is.
              Yes, I've participated in the JAAYAA a few years back. It was a nice program, but the best part was that I was able to make connections with a few of the airport managers and the community relations official (probably the best aviation related contact I have.
              Originally posted by Crism
              Yes, the beach airshow is perhaps the worst I've ever been to. The sand is nasty, it's too crowded, and it was backlit at almost every angle (until the later performances). And word is that they're not going to have it at NAS JAX any more.
              QUOTE=Asmir Hamidovic]Not at JIA lol at the GA airport.

Next to the runway with supervision of a airport employee. I went three times and witnessed great touch and goes by B727, B757, and a U.S. Coast Guard C-130.

Cecil field was also converting a Iclandair 757 from pax version to cargo.[/QUOTE]
              Cecil does lots of work of the sort. Also, do you mean you went thrice (three weeks) or to three complete sessions?

Comment

Maybe there is a connection somwhere.
                No, the flight (DL 872/873) is operating nonstop with a 737-832. The flight will soon end on January 3, 2008 due to poor yields (i.e. unprofitablity).

Comment

Mitchell three complete sessions.

I've tried to get in contact with Deby and Bill who are in charge of the program but they are out of the office until wenesday. So when i get in touch with them i will tell yot.
                  BH Airlines A319

Comment

What's up about JAX? Well, maybe they will be able to hire some guy who actually knows how to solve a problem, like when the whole check-in area suffers a complete power outage like yesterday, leaving everyone in the dark for at least an hour :rolleyes: .

Comment

Working...
                    X