Jax-Lax really over?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jax-Lax really over?

The route was supposed to have ended December 1st of this year, but it shows it still bookable and is still flying unitl the first week of january. Is it that they are trying it one more time to see if they want to cancel it? Does anybody know? Thanks.
    Last edited by deltafan92; 2007-12-27, 17:41. Reason: forgot something

No, the flight (DL 872/873) is operating nonstop with a 737-832. The flight will soon end on January 3, 2008 due to poor yields (i.e. unprofitablity).

Comment

It's just crazy to think that a college town airport like JAX could have even been considered for LAX service, where as PBI could not even get a carrier to consider it.
      Whatever is necessary, is never unwise.

Comment

Originally posted by AA 1818
        It's just crazy to think that a college town airport like JAX could have even been considered for LAX service, where as PBI could not even get a carrier to consider it.
        JAX is much more than a college town. I don't even think of colleges when I think of JAX. There is a large Navy population there, as well as being a metro area of over 1.4 million people. I have also heard it host a large number of SkyMiles members. So LAX-JAX isn't that far fetched, it just didn't work out like DL had hoped. So long to the I-10 route.

Comment

Originally posted by AirTranTUS
          JAX is much more than a college town. I don't even think of colleges when I think of JAX. There is a large Navy population there, as well as being a metro area of over 1.4 million people. I have also heard it host a large number of SkyMiles members. So LAX-JAX isn't that far fetched, it just didn't work out like DL had hoped. So long to the I-10 route.

Atleast sombady likes us haha
          BH Airlines A319

Comment

Originally posted by AirTranTUS
            I have also heard it host a large number of SkyMiles members.
            I heard that we were the third largest host of skymile members in there entire network.

Comment

Working...
            X