MaxJet Aircraft Update

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MaxJet Aircraft Update

So just an update on MaxJet's planes at JFK, 250 and 251. 250 should be gone by the time of this post. She is going out to Victorville and will reconfigured for 260 seats and will be flying for Air Seychelles as one of their planes is down. I got aboard 250MY and talked to the rep from ILFC, very nice guy, some MaxJet employees were on hand getting the plane ready for departure. They were waiting for fuel which was being paid in cash as well as other ground service, all cash and carry basically, very interesting to see. The MaxJet folks were in good spirits and they couldn't have been any nicer, I wish them the best of luck.

I have to say I wasn't impressed with the cabin..typical biz class seats, AA's biz class is much nicer. The cabin was also very worn, you could tell MaxJet def took the cheap way out. Sorry no pics of 250MY, lots going on in the cabin and didn't want to be a bother to the crew and ILFC, but again they were all very nice and I thank them for the time they spent with us.

The MaxJet Plane in Vegas is also going to Victorville, no ETA though.

As for 251 she is missing an engine and god knows how long she will be there for. She's parked over near the old PanAm hangars where the Varig 777 was parked for more then a year. There is questions as to who will be paying for the engine replacement.

This photo is copyrighted, Tom Alfano 2007

An idea
    251 will purshased by a part brocker coming along with an engine
    The "lucky" buyer will have the Seven-Six ferried to home location where she will be dismantled and resold at profits piece by piece
    Thanks for visiting
    *Avimage's Monthly Slide list *
    *JetPhotos*
    Airliners*Pbase.com

Comment

Alain is that just your thoughts or have you heard that from a good source? I'm just curious. From my conversation yesterday with ILFC it seems 251 might make JFK her home for a bit. We had a Varig 777 in the same spot for the longest time, missing an engine, just sat there for over a year.

Comment

Just my thoughts with the combination of several facts :
        low residual value
        becoming unloved for many airlines
        brighter future might be with some cargo operators
        costs of convertion soon to be prohibitive
        and so on
        Thanks for visiting
        *Avimage's Monthly Slide list *
        *JetPhotos*
        Airliners*Pbase.com

Comment

Sad to see more 762s dissapear from the skies of the US. Won't be long now till they're all gone eh? AA probably won't have theirs around too much longer.
          sigpic
          http://www.jetphotos.net/showphotos.php?userid=170

Comment

Working...
          X