Airshows

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Airshows

Does anyone know of any airshows that would feature any Delta Air Lines aircraft? I saw a video on youtube of N610DL at an airshow where people were allowed to walk through the cabin and see the new interior (PTVs, leather seats, etc.). I would like to be able to do that.

I wish I worked for Delta
    AVL to ATL and CVG on Delta

My virtual airline is located here.

I know Oceana usually has a DL 757 there.

-Chris

Comment

Originally posted by z740
      I know Oceana usually has a DL 757 there.
      Where's Oceana?

Comment

Norfolk, VA. Usually in mid to late September.

-Chris

Comment

Maybe I'll have to check that out in '08. Virginia is the state right above mine.

Comment

Yeah but it'll be a good 7 hour drive. Probably be best to either spend the weekend there in a hotel or stay with a friend nearby. Better make the most out of your 7 hour drive. I keep kicking myself for missing it this year as I'm only 3 hours away and it's a really awesome show from what I've heard.

-Chris

Comment

I heard that jax's show will be at nas this year and when they had it there a few years ago they had a delta plane there.

Comment

Originally posted by AVLWATCHER
                Does anyone know of any airshows that would feature any Delta Air Lines aircraft? I saw a video on youtube of N610DL at an airshow where people were allowed to walk through the cabin and see the new interior (PTVs, leather seats, etc.). I would like to be able to do that.
                Was just looking at some pics from the show this year and N610DL was actually the one down at Oceana this year. Can we see the video to confirm this?

-Chris

Comment

Here's the link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=anUpi...eature=related. It is on display at some airshow.

Comment

I just found out it's at the Dayton, OH Air Show. It's going to be there again in 2008. I might have to talk to my parents about going. I will have to see how long of a drive it is though.

Comment

Originally posted by z740
                      I keep kicking myself for missing it this year as I'm only 3 hours away and it's a really awesome show from what I've heard.

-Chris
                      Oceana is a fantastic show. Last year was one of the last chances to see the F-14 fly. This years show was looking quite good until the crash and death of "Sky Typer 6" and the tropical storm that messed up the flying schedule on Sunday.
                      The pink DL 757 was there on display and you could walk through the cabin. While i did not walk through i did camp out under the wing trying to keep my gear dry during a rain shower
                      Robin Guess Aviation Historian, Photographer, Web Designer.

http://www.Jet-Fighters.Net
                      http://www.Jet-Liners.Net

Comment

I might convince my parents to take me to the Dayton Air Show. The closest thing to an airshow I have ever seen is fighters flying into and around AVL.

Comment

Dayton did in fact have the Breast Cancer awareness 757 there this year.

Dayton is one hell of an airshow...however this upcoming year they did not get any of the big formation teams.

Also to note, it is not guaranteed there will be a Delta plane at the airshow this year. Their website lists past and potential aircraft that may attend.

Why's it such a big deal to see a Delta aircraft? Dayton usually has a couple DHL aircraft on display that you can go through also.
                          Tanner Johnson - Owner
                          twenty53 Photography

Comment

It's not so much a Delta aircraft as much as it is a special livery. I was in Atlanta like the week after N627DL got the Hank Aaron decal removed and I think I saw 627. When I was in ATL, I got to see 1 of the 2 763s painted in the new widget at the time. I want to see the Breast Cancer awareness and eventually the Habitat for Humanity.

Comment

The database has a bunch of pictures...
                              Tanner Johnson - Owner
                              twenty53 Photography

Comment

Working...
                              X