Tys-lga

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tys-lga

I am looking up flights on Delta.com and saw TYS-LGA. It is nonstop on a CRJ-100 by Comair. One thing shocks me. The flight going out is 1h 59m while the flight coming back is 2h 44m long. Why the big difference in time? They are on the same type and are both nonstop.

I wish I worked for Delta
    AVL to ATL and CVG on Delta

My virtual airline is located here.

More of a tailwind TYS-LGA which turns into a headwind on the way back.

Comment

A couple of years ago, Delta mainline used to non stop MD88 TYS-LGA. Now Delta Connection again. Hope is business good between route this year. If gain passenger yield and maybe MD88 coming back route. Who knows?

Happy New Year,

Stuart

Comment

There's that much of a heaswind that it will increase the flight time 45 minutes? Wow.

Comment

Well it is in the wintertime so the jet stream is a bit farther south than usual.

Comment

Without looking at the filed route, I'm guessing it's LGA-LANNA-J48-MOL-TYS. I flew that route all the time and right now you can bank on a 100+ KT headwind until early March.

It's also easier getting in to LGA than out in the winter. Generally use rwy 13 in the winter for departures, which is on the other side of the field from where the DL terminal is. Plan on an hour taxi most times of day. Arrivals this time of year are usually 4 or 22. 22 takes a little longer since you've got to go past the airport. If they're using 4, it's straight in off the KORRY arrival.
            Bite me Airways.....

Comment

Not to mention increased departure taxi times which are routinely built into LGA schedules.
              Trump is an idiot!
              Vote Democrats!!

Comment

Is LGA really that busy?

Comment

Originally posted by AVLWATCHER
                  Is LGA really that busy?
                  Yes. RJs, NY airspace and other factors are contributing to massive delays.

Comment

I've been number 40+ in line for takeoff there. I actually saw another pilot smoking in the cockpit with the vent window open while waiting once.
                    Bite me Airways.....

Comment

Working...
                    X