No announcement yet.

Boyd Group- Wright Amendment WAS wrong!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Boyd Group- Wright Amendment WAS wrong!

http://www.aviationplanning.com/asrc1.htm

The Verdict's In On Dallas Love
    Southwest Was Right...

As oft happens in aviation, the 2005 - 2006 battle over Love Field was peppered with lots of really creative public relations stunts that tended to cloud the issue to the maximum extent possible.

There were the usual paid-for "studies" that, shock of shocks, when made public tended to support the position of the client. Consultants for D/FW International had one that predicted near-mortal economic damage to the Metroplex should the Wright Amendment be modified.

Now, before anyone calls me biased,I also don't want to claim, what he thinks, all of a sudden everyone else thinks the same too, I fully supported repeal before I even began to start liking WN, and any airline in WN's place I would have still fully supported repeal of it. However AA/WN came to an agreement, that wasn't 100% great but not 100% bad either.

I do admit, I wasn't always particular to Boyd's comments about airline stuff and WN to an extent because he always seemed to predict doom and gloom for SWA, and as much opinion and talks he could have, he doesn't run the airline. But, in this case, he is simply repeating what was true all along, AA at DFW was never going to be hurt or killed by allowing WN to operate freely at DAL anywhere and non stop.

Alex
    Stop Searching. Start Traveling. southwest.com

Nowhere did Boyd actually say "Wright was wrong." He just stated that AA would be better off to let southwest have their market at DAL because DFW is a much bigger pie.

Comment

Ok, so - let me get this straight - they repealed the ammendment anyway, and then months later - he makes this statement? What about this is news? Come on, why publicisize a dead issue? It has been repealed - move on!
      Whatever is necessary, is never unwise.

Comment

I think WN would have killed AA at DFW in competing markets, if they ever were to compete on the same turf. For one thing AA would have to slash their fares, cutting into their bottom line in a big way.
        Follow me on Twitter! www.twitter.com/flyingphotog

Comment

Originally posted by AA 1818
          Ok, so - let me get this straight - they repealed the ammendment anyway, and then months later - he makes this statement? What about this is news? Come on, why publicisize a dead issue? It has been repealed - move on!
          Have you followed Boyd and his article's? This is how he operates, he lets the situation plays out and such, then once he has seen a certain amount of time he makes his comments about the situation.

Wright Amendment was never repealed, it was "re fixed" and now called Wright II.

It won't be dead for many years, even so, until 2014, more stuff changes.

Alex

Comment

Originally posted by E-Diddy!
            Nowhere did Boyd actually say "Wright was wrong." He just stated that AA would be better off to let southwest have their market at DAL because DFW is a much bigger pie.
            I figured if I typed Southwest was right, everyone would claim I am lying

Alex

Comment

I'm completely against this stupid ammendment. The agreement still hurts WN much more than AA. Although WN can launch flights to anywhere, they'll still be restricted on the ammount of gates they can have and other issues. I wonder when AA will stop getting their way in the courts, especially after hearing the story of what they did to Legend at DAL.
              sigpic
              http://www.jetphotos.net/showphotos.php?userid=170

Comment

Originally posted by Crunk415balla
                I'm completely against this stupid ammendment. The agreement still hurts WN much more than AA. Although WN can launch flights to anywhere, they'll still be restricted on the ammount of gates they can have and other issues. I wonder when AA will stop getting their way in the courts, especially after hearing the story of what they did to Legend at DAL.
                I think when WN can truly go nonstop to any US destination from DAL, than AA will lose some customers who would rather not drive out to DFW to face the higher fares and delays.
                Follow me on Twitter! www.twitter.com/flyingphotog

Comment

Working...
                X