ATL Still "Busiest"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ATL Still "Busiest"

At Yahoo Finance, you get free stock quotes, up-to-date news, portfolio management resources, international market data, social interaction and mortgage rates that help you manage your financial life.

For the third year in a row, Hartsfield-Jackson Atlanta International Airport has retained its title as the nation's busiest airport in terms of flights, according to preliminary government data released Wednesday.

The Atlanta airport logged 994,466 flights in 2007, up 1.8 percent from 976,447 flights in 2006, the Federal Aviation Administration said. Flights include takeoffs and landings.

Its rival, Chicago O'Hare International Airport, was listed second busiest, with 935,000 flights in 2007. That number was down 2.4 percent from the 958,643 flights it had in 2006, the FAA said.
    Follow me on Twitter! www.twitter.com/flyingphotog

I believe Hartsfield is also first in terms of passengers that go through the airport each year.

Congrats to my favorite airport!!

-Chris

Comment

I like Atlanta too. I've never had a problem going through there on Airtran or Delta.

JFK on the other hand...............I used to receive flights from there when I worked the ramp at PVD....that Dash 8 was late EVERY SINGLE DAY

Comment

Not a real surprise, given that DL just continues to increase flights at ATL and that FL managed to get their hands on a handful of new "common-use" gates in D. If only there weren't so many RJs at ATL, Delta's RJs are basically at every concourse save for T. Don't know the final numbers yet, but DL should come in at around 85-86 million pax for this year.

Comment

Where did Heathrow come in that list?
          Lets fly away!!!!

Comment

Working...
          X