Intresting video

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Intresting video

this is a video if a aborted of a an-124 in the 1988 Farnborough airshow, i love how the media makes it sound so bad, lol, but the hidden stuff is a 2 second clip of the MD-94X UDF(propfan) plane, which i have never found vids of

News item...Antonov 124 aborted take-off because of an engine backfire.

yes i am a boeing fan, and i know thats a airbus, haha

This would be the first time I see the MD-94X UDF(propfan) flying... And darn low on the engine noise too.
    How come this airliner never got produced, and when was the MD90 introduced or was it the MD95 that they favored for instead ??
    Inactive from May 1 2009.

Comment

from what i have heard is that it made too much noise, loud in the cabin,t/o I suppose, and a lack of interest, and thus the 7J7 never even got off the ground
      but i think the biggest reason was the fuel prices going down in the late 80s

Comment

Originally posted by Jerrycobra Boeing
        from what i have heard is that it made too much noise, loud in the cabin,t/o I suppose, and a lack of interest, and thus the 7J7 never even got off the ground
        but i think the biggest reason was the fuel prices going down in the late 80s
        Oh okey, my bad, I thought it didnt sound that loud when I played the video.
        But if the fuel was going down, then what problem was there then, apart from the low-interests on those advanced MD's. Im guessing but might Boeing 737's have something to do with this issue, maybe the 737's gained more interests during that time.
        Inactive from May 1 2009.

Comment

An interesting ride across History, thanks for the invitation to join in by posting.
          Thanks for visiting
          *Avimage's Monthly Slide list *
          *JetPhotos*
          Airliners*Pbase.com

Comment

Originally posted by MaxPower
            Oh okey, my bad, I thought it didnt sound that loud when I played the video.
            But if the fuel was going down, then what problem was there then, apart from the low-interests on those advanced MD's. Im guessing but might Boeing 737's have something to do with this issue, maybe the 737's gained more interests during that time.
            honestly, i wasn't even born when it was flown that year, i thought it was quiet too, but at full power, who knows? lol

Comment

Working...
            X