Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Rumors! PNCL buys Comair, DL/NW to Merge

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #16
    Originally posted by DAL767-400ER
    Don't know about the not-hiring part, but Comair is parking planes because even DL is finally getting sick of all the 50-seat (and less in the case of some 40-seat CRJs and 37-seat ER3s) RJs flying throughout its system, thus some are either being parked without replacement at all, or in the case of Comair, on a 2-1 basis with CR9s, with COM getting 14 CR9s and retiring 28 CRJs at the same time.
    Bravo to Delta for cutting 50 Seat RJ's and hopefully more cuts will come from other Airlines. Could anyone see Delta having one of there major Commuter Carriers e.g. Comair, ASA or Skywest become a all CR9 Operation with the other 2 covering CR1/2 and CR7's?
    John Poshepny

    If the Wright brother were alive today Wilbur would have to fire Orville to reduce costs. Herb Kelleher, Southwest Airlines, 'USA Today,' 1994

    Comment


    • #17
      Originally posted by AASuper80Fan
      Could anyone see Delta having one of there major Commuter Carriers e.g. Comair, ASA or Skywest become a all CR9 Operation with the other 2 covering CR1/2 and CR7's?
      Doubtful. Having all carriers operate multiple types allows for more flexibility in pricing and assigning flights.

      Comment


      • #18
        Originally posted by DAL767-400ER
        Doubtful. Having all carriers operate multiple types allows for more flexibility in pricing and assigning flights.
        Good Point that I never thought of myself. One more question can ComAir do other contract flying? I know Skywest does for UAX.
        John Poshepny

        If the Wright brother were alive today Wilbur would have to fire Orville to reduce costs. Herb Kelleher, Southwest Airlines, 'USA Today,' 1994

        Comment


        • #19
          Originally posted by AASuper80Fan
          Good Point that I never thought of myself. One more question can ComAir do other contract flying? I know Skywest does for UAX.
          Since its wholly owned, probably not. However, that's not to say that if its sold, we couldn't see them flying for other carriers.

          Comment


          • #20
            Well, wherever these rumors came from, appearantly they have now been shot down:
            http://www.reuters.com/article/marke...0080107?rpc=44
            NEW YORK, Jan 6 (Reuters) - Delta Air Lines (DAL.N: Quote, Profile, Research) has put on hold plans to sell its Comair regional jet service division while it explores a possible merger with United Airlines (UAUA.O: Quote, Profile, Research) or another rival, the Financial Times reported on Sunday.

            The No. 3 U.S. carrier said in October it expects to make a decision on the potential sale of Comair in the next quarter.

            The Atlanta-based airline has had preliminary discussions with JPMorgan (JPM.N: Quote, Profile, Research) on its options for the unit, the FT said. It will not retain the firm until a special committee of Delta directors and their bankers -- Merrill Lynch (MER.N: Quote, Profile, Research) and Greenhill (GHL.N: Quote, Profile, Research) -- has completed the merger review, according to the paper, citing people familiar with the company's plans.

            In postponing its decision on Comair, Delta may be following through with its stated plans to participate in the industry's expected consolidation, the paper said.

            Comment


            • #21
              Oh god, when will it end?


              Comment


              • #22
                Originally posted by E-Diddy!
                Oh god, when will it end?
                I'd say all US airlines have been merged together into one huge Legacy carrier called Pan Am 5000 and all LCCs have been combined to form Trans Southwest Airlines .

                Comment


                • #23
                  Originally posted by DAL767-400ER
                  I'd say all US airlines have been merged together into one huge Legacy carrier called Pan Am 5000 and all LCCs have been combined to form Trans Southwest Airlines .
                  And US Airways will still be the bastard child...


                  Comment


                  • #24
                    Hey, more CRJs means more low-time CFIs becomming Airline pilots. They aren't all bad.
                    sigpic
                    http://www.jetphotos.net/showphotos.php?userid=170

                    Comment

                    Working...
                    X