Rumors! PNCL buys Comair, DL/NW to Merge

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rumors! PNCL buys Comair, DL/NW to Merge

Here are the lastest hot rumors from within the companies listed.

First is that PNCL is going to buy Comair, interesting and bad news for any new hires at 9E.

Secondly, starting next week, DL/NW merger will be started. Of course only time will tell if this happens, but they are being widely widely talked about as of now.

In avaiation we like to say "if you haven't heard a good rumour by noon start one!"

Comment

Let's them rolling
      Thanks for visiting
      *Avimage's Monthly Slide list *
      *JetPhotos*
      Airliners*Pbase.com

Comment

PNCL could buy American Eagle, they're up for sale!
        Follow me on Twitter! www.twitter.com/flyingphotog

Comment

DL/NW? talk about fleet commonality, lol, so when the 737NG retires, the dc-9 gives em a ride back?

yes i am a boeing fan, and i know thats a airbus, haha

Comment

I'll believe either when they occur, but given the fact that this is relative inside information (?) it does appear like this may actually happen.

First is that PNCL is going to buy Comair, interesting and bad news for any new hires at 9E
            If 9E is the buyer, wouldn't it be the OH guys who would lose out? Or could we see 9E whipsaw the 2 against eachother?

Comment

You can bet PCL management will whipsaw Colgan and Pinnacle pilots, so yes, having another airplane with nearly identical fleet types will work well in a whipsaw game..

I don't think AMR will actually sell Eagle. I think it's a tactic they're using while in negotiations with APA. Don't know what the logic is, but that's my opinion.
              Bite me Airways.....

Comment

the dl/nw rumor has been around for years...but this is the first i have heard about the comair buyout rumor...will have to ask a friend of mine at comair hdqtrs in covington if he has heard anything....

Comment

I'll believe the DL/NW rumor the second there's a plane actually operating a flight for that new merged entity under the combined carrier's code and in the expected new color scheme. Pinnacle buying Comair, I could actually see that happening, given how desperately DL still wants to sell Comair.

Comment

I will believe them when I see them. There is really not fleet commonality between DL and NW. If they did merge, it would still be DL because DL has stated that they will be the buyer.

I wish I worked for Delta
                    AVL to ATL and CVG on Delta

My virtual airline is located here.

Comment

I'm saying a United/USAir redux. There's been some very suble complementary regional reshuffling on the East coast between the two. Granted they have a close codeshare relationship...

As far as the Comair thing, last I heard they're hiring no new pilots and had parked some planes: could be a sign of a merger.

Personally, let the merger games begin imo. Maybe the industry will be forced back to a structure that has some semblence of consistent profitability. BUT "airline," "consistent profitability," and "unregulated/unsubsidized market" rarely go together...

Comment

Rumors are Rumors. Facts are Facts. I'll wait for the facts.
                        sigpic
                        http://www.jetphotos.net/showphotos.php?userid=170

Comment

Originally posted by scramjet
                          BUT "airline," "consistent profitability," and "unregulated/unsubsidized market" rarely go together...
                          Haha, it's just sad that the statement is the undeniable truth of the airline industry!
                          Whatever is necessary, is never unwise.

Comment

Originally posted by scramjet
                            As far as the Comair thing, last I heard they're hiring no new pilots and had parked some planes: could be a sign of a merger.
                            Don't know about the not-hiring part, but Comair is parking planes because even DL is finally getting sick of all the 50-seat (and less in the case of some 40-seat CRJs and 37-seat ER3s) RJs flying throughout its system, thus some are either being parked without replacement at all, or in the case of Comair, on a 2-1 basis with CR9s, with COM getting 14 CR9s and retiring 28 CRJs at the same time.

Comment

Originally posted by Crunk415balla
                              Rumors are Rumors. Facts are Facts. I'll wait for the facts.
                              Come on Chasen, we aviation nerds have to have fun somehow when we're not flying!

Comment

Working...
                              X