Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Boeing Reports Final 2007 Orders

http://www.boeing.com/news/releases/...80103d_nr.html

SEATTLE, Jan. 03, 2008 -- The Boeing Company [NYSE: BA] recorded 1,413 net commercial airplane orders during 2007, reaching more than 1,000 orders for an unprecedented third consecutive year, and setting a Boeing record for total orders in a single year.
    Boeing also set new order records for the 787 Dreamliner, the 737, and for Boeing freighters.
    ...Because The Sky Is A Canvas, Waiting For A Masterpiece...

Click

It will be interesting to see what 2008 has in store for Boeing!

Comment

The 737 record is remarkable, since the line has been in service since over 40 years now!
      Follow me on Twitter! www.twitter.com/flyingphotog

Comment

^And it's slowly closing in on 8,000 orders now .

Comment

if it wasn't for the LH order for the 731s the program would have not been started, and production nearly ended on the early 70s due to low orders, but now, nearly 6000 planes later... strong seller, i wonder if airlines will buy it if they install the p&w GTF as they are designing the 737rs, lol

yes i am a boeing fan, and i know thats a airbus, haha

Comment

Airbus announces its orders on Jan 16th.

Click

Comment

Originally posted by Jerrycobra Boeing
              if it wasn't for the LH order for the 731s the profram would have not been started, and production nearly ended on the early 70s due to low orders, but now, nearly 6000 planes later... strong seller, i wonder if airlines will buy it if they install the p&w GTF as they are designing the 737rs, lol
              Yes indeed - such humble beginnings, but then again, can one really compare the original 737s with the 737s of today? The planes are so very different. There are times when I kinda think that they are so different that they could have been given a new designation (such as 797) but then again - Boeing will cross that bridge when they come to it!
              Whatever is necessary, is never unwise.

Comment

Qantas only 20 787 orders? i thought it was more like 65 and 20 a380's

http://youtube.com/watch?v=OqeyhZYB-cE

he says it there.

how odd.
                There's nothing like an airport for bringing you down to earth. Richard Gordon

Comment

Congrats to Boeing...let's hope they can keep it up.

Comment

Originally posted by QFCPT747
                    Qantas only 20 787 orders? i thought it was more like 65 and 20 a380's

http://youtube.com/watch?v=OqeyhZYB-cE

he says it there.

how odd.
                    dude, total opposite, he said 20 A380s and 65 787s

yes i am a boeing fan, and i know thats a airbus, haha

Comment

The QF 787 order confirms the fears that QF might have been dissappointed with the 787's size and capacity and might be leaning to a possible A350 order. The sad part is that with Boeing wanting to safeguard the 777s, and the 787-10 not being discussed, many airlines are defaulting into the A350. I love 777s, and yes - it may be difficult to do the redesigns for the 787-10, but it's either that or loose out. They already lost EK, can they afford to loose other major orders?
                      Whatever is necessary, is never unwise.

Comment

Originally posted by AA 1818
                        The QF 787 order confirms the fears that QF might have been dissappointed with the 787's size and capacity
                        QF ordered 65 in Dec 2005, and has outstanding options and purchase rights for 115 787's.

Disappointed with the 787 and order so many? The 20 on the books for 2007 are options being converted.

I think not Sir.

Click

Comment

Originally posted by Jerrycobra Boeing
                          dude, total opposite, he said 20 A380s and 65 787s
                          Thats what i said, and that is why i asked wasnt it 65 787 and 20 a380's (so why is it ordered 20 in the website).
                          There's nothing like an airport for bringing you down to earth. Richard Gordon

Comment

Congrats Boeing! Looking at the rest of the news article it looks as if Boeing has made a lot of milestones this year. Keep up the good work Boeing!

-Chris

Comment

Working...
                            X