Jetblue Anounces Jax-Bos

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jetblue Anounces Jax-Bos

I think it is about time for this route, but I am still really excited! I wonder if delta will do something since they run 2 crj-200's a day. The flight numbers are 1418 Jax-Bos and 1419 Bos-Jax. I am thinking that it will be on the erj-190 but I am not 100% sure.

I just think that it is weird that they had not announced this route earlier. An ERJ-190 would be sweet for that route. I am sure that their passengers will appreciate it. As for the route - is there just not enough demand to go DL mainline, or for JetBlue to use the A320s? Is it b/c the route is still maturing? Or is this just as good as it will get?
    Whatever is necessary, is never unwise.

Comment

I had heard that Jax-Bos had a high O&D Demand, so I assume that delta could take the crj's off and put a one flight per day mainline jet on.

Comment

With the amount of ex-Pittsburghers we have, one would think it's only a matter of time before a PIT-JAX route would come around...one would think, anyways - I've been here goin on 6 years, and there's never been a non-stop.

Comment

I thought we had Jax-Pit years ago, i think pre-9/11, but maybe I am wrong, but I am sure that it will come one day or another...

Comment

I think it's interesting how they have the route timed as an RON and not a day return.

If DL did upgrade the route, I doubt it would be anything bigger then an MD-88. They would probably go with a CRJ-900 first, which is not necessarily a bad thing.

Comment

Originally posted by AirTranTUS
              I think it's interesting how they have the route timed as an RON and not a day return.
              Aircraft availability? Or maybe it is cheeper to have the plane parked @ JAX for the night rather than at an airport in the NorthEast...
              Whatever is necessary, is never unwise.

Comment

The only problem with a plane that is a RON at Jax is that we don't have a lot of space anyways, and it will be 2 jetblue planes sitting over night there, unless they push the plane off concourse B. Also, what will they do since Jetblue only has one gate? And is there room for anymore routes from them with only one gate? Just my thoughts.....

Comment

Originally posted by deltafan92
                  I had heard that Jax-Bos had a high O&D Demand, so I assume that delta could take the crj's off and put a one flight per day mainline jet on.
                  High O&D doesn't say anything about profits though, and DL sure won't replace 2 50-seaters with just 1 142-seater.

As for where B6 can park their second plane, there's always space on the GA apron or alongside the ANG F-15s .

Comment

Working...
                  X