NW History and others..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NW History and others..

Reading a NW Airline book, it stated NW entered CH11 in 1989. Also ordered the A321. However no such aircraft appears in NW Colors. Is this false/true?

Also since NW had filed CH 11 (if true), this now makes 4 airlines that have gone thru BK protection twice, TW, US, NW, and CO. TW had to file a 3rd time, hence why not here.

No airline has ever made it out of their 3rd BK.

This leaves UA and AA and DL as the only airlines to not reach their 2nd BK legacy wise correct?

I had never knew NW filed CH11 before. So was shocked to have learned this.

Any info or stuff ya'll can add here?!

Alex
    Stop Searching. Start Traveling. southwest.com

Originally posted by ATrude777
    Reading a NW Airline book, it stated NW entered CH11 in 1989. Also ordered the A321. However no such aircraft appears in NW Colors. Is this false/true?
    I don't think any of that's true. Northwest didn't enter Chapter 11 at that time, though they very nearly did so when they were taken over around the time of the first Gulf War (so I would say a little later than 1989). I am also pretty sure they never ordered A321s : they have certainly never operated any.

Comment

Don't you think that if NW had entered CH11 in 1989 that they would mention it in their company history on nwa.com ? As for the A321s, NW like any large A32X customer has (had) the option to convert orders and option from A319s and A320s to the larger A321, but refrained from doing so.

Comment

The restructured using chapter 11 in 2005

I remember NWA threatened CH-11 while negotiating with the unions in the late 80's and they may have completed some of the filing paperwork but I don't think the ever officially filed.
        Don
        Standard practice for managers around the world:
        Ready - Fire - Aim! DAMN! Missed again!

Comment

Originally posted by Dmmoore
          The restructured using chapter 11 in 2005
          http://www.nwa.com/corpinfo/newsc/20...420051625.html
          I remember NWA threatened CH-11 while negotiating with the unions in the late 80's and they may have completed some of the filing paperwork but I don't think the ever officially filed.
          Actually, they threaten chapter 11 everytime you ask for a cookie. It's kinda freaky really.

Comment

Originally posted by flyboy2548m
            Actually, they threaten chapter 11 everytime you ask for a cookie. It's kinda freaky really.
            That's true, but it's North Wests legacy from Mr. Donald Nyrop.
            Don
            Standard practice for managers around the world:
            Ready - Fire - Aim! DAMN! Missed again!

Comment

Alex AA has never been in BK once, so they haven't made it to their first yet. AA's managers over the years have been pretty top notch. You can say what you want about them but they ran/run a great airline and have kept AA above the rest.

Comment

Originally posted by tommyalf
                Alex AA has never been in BK once, so they haven't made it to their first yet. AA's managers over the years have been pretty top notch. You can say what you want about them but they ran/run a great airline and have kept AA above the rest.
                I knew that but i was grouping airlines of the legacies that had never reached their 2nd BK.

Ok Guys guess the info was wrong as I figured for the A321 and CH11 BK in 1989.

Thanks for the corrections.

Alex
                Stop Searching. Start Traveling. southwest.com

Comment

Originally posted by flyboy2548m

HAHAHAHA! I can't stop laughing at this comment.
                  Whatever is necessary, is never unwise.

Comment

Originally posted by AA 1818
                    HAHAHAHA! I can't stop laughing at this comment.
                    It would be funny if it weren't so sad and true.

Comment

Working...
                    X