Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Unidentified customer ordered 23 787-8 in Jan, who would that be?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Unidentified customer ordered 23 787-8 in Jan, who would that be?

Just looking at the order book of 787 on Boeing's web site and noticed that there is a UFO order made on Jan 14 2008 for 23 787-8s. Who would that be?

Including this one, there are currently 5 UFO orders. The others are all minor ones:

Unidentified Customer 787-8 28-Jul-2006 2
    Unidentified Customer 787-8 GE 18-Jan-2007 2
    Unidentified Customer 787-8 RR 23-Nov-2007 2
    Unidentified Customer 787-8 04-Dec-2007 1
    Unidentified Customer 787-8 14-Jan-2008 23
    Next:
    None Planned

Could that order be from NH, as part of a compensation package from Boeing for the delays?
    Audentes Fortuna Imperii

Comment

Private/BBJ?

Comment

Originally posted by hansonator69
        Private/BBJ?
        No one would order that many BBJs at once.
        It's being said that that UFO order is for an existing carrier with a lot of options. Incidently, AC has exactly 23 787 options, IIRC, strongly hinting at them. Other candidates would be ANA and JAL, obviously. QF also has a lot of options, though given how focused they are going larger than the 789 (read: 7810 or A3510), I doubt it's them.

Comment

A red titled widget, a blue undercarriage and a white fuselage would look great on a 787, no?
          Whatever is necessary, is never unwise.

Comment

Originally posted by AA 1818
            A red titled widget, a blue undercarriage and a white fuselage would look great on a 787, no?
            Yes, but that airline's focus is on getting more 77Ls rather than 787s .

Comment

Originally posted by AA 1818
              Red, white and blue cheatline with a silver fuselage on a 787 looks good too. Isn't that airline planning to retire its A300 in 2012?
              Next:
              None Planned

Comment

Originally posted by CathayPacific
                Red, white and blue cheatline with a silver fuselage on a 787 looks good too. Isn't that airline planning to retire its A300 in 2012?
                Hmmm...they'd better retire them soon...I'm flying one to the Dominican Republic in March from JFK, then returning on another one and connecting on a 762.

Comment

Originally posted by CathayPacific
                  They are indeed. But from what I hear, they aren't going to be placing an order until they can get things sorted out with the APA.
                  I'm flying one to the Dominican Republic in March from JFK, then returning on another one and connecting on a 762.
                  Have fun. I've flown the A300 a couple of times. It's not bad for a Caribbean Run, but I wouldn't want to fly them for much longer.

Comment

Originally posted by Bok269
                    They are indeed. But from what I hear, they aren't going to be placing an order until they can get things sorted out with the APA.
                    Which, given the indication of recent weeks, will result in that airline taking delivery of their first 787 sometime in the year 2020...

Comment

Originally posted by DAL767-400ER
                      Which, given the indication of recent weeks, will result in that airline taking delivery of their first 787 sometime in the year 2020...
                      Unfortunately...

Comment

Working...
                      X