No announcement yet.

Australia/US Agree on Open Skies

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I can't see me flying a DJ product on a 14 hour flight across the pacific to be quite honest. I don't care if the airfare is half the price, that would suck.

Comment

Originally posted by Dmmoore
      After years of Qantas blocking an open sky's agreement, I wonder what changed?
      This is only between AU & US airlines flying transpacific. There never has been any restriction on an airline from either side commencing operations. The only vagaries were in the wording of initial frequencies allowed/mandated (depending on your interpretation). As I understand it, this new agreement just tidies things up.

SQ gaining access is a whole different kettle of fishies.

Originally posted by Dmmoore
      The A380 in and of its self is not necessarily an advantage. It's a big, new aircraft that can achieve operating efficiencies over another aircraft "IF" the seats are full and "IF" the cost structure of the airline allows it to take advantage of the aircraft's efficiencies vs another airline with a lower cost structure and a less efficient aircraft.
      "IF" it's QF operating the A380, then no need to even do the math. It will be a slaughter.

Originally posted by BA747-436
      I can't see me flying a DJ product on a 14 hour flight across the pacific to be quite honest. I don't care if the airfare is half the price, that would suck.
      I believe that V Australia will be offering a full Business Class product in addition to Premium & Regular Economy. Depending on fares & destinations, UA is about to have an even tougher time of it.

DF

Comment

Working...
      X