Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Favorite Aircraft Currently in Active Service.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Favorite Aircraft Currently in Active Service.

We've seen what airplane people would like to see reborn in one of the earlier threads however, which is the airplane currently IN active duty that steals your heart every time you see it ?

For me, its the Airbus A340 Series especially the 500's & the 600's.

The aesthetic beauty of the airplane's overall shape & the four engines make it look complete, elegant & very sexy. (dont intend to mean/say that 777's are ugly)

Number two would be the entire Bombardier CRJ Series for its sleekness & very seductive design.

Cheers - Vishal

You're descriptions hint at an aerofetish.

I'd have to say the DC-9-14.
    sigpic
    http://www.jetphotos.net/showphotos.php?userid=170

Comment

DC8-73F. There are a few left around. For passenger aircraft the Dash8 family.

Comment

Top of the list is always the 777, especially the 772LR and the 773ER. Just love those raked wingtips.

As for future aircraft, the 747-8.
        Regional jets: E-Jets. (the erj's and crj's look too much like a cruise missile)

Comment

Well I have to say the 777. I love it because of the SIZE of it, The huge engines, the size of the over all plane. My Second one would have to be the 737NG with winglets. They look so cool.

Comment

AC's 777's I always see one in toronto wenever i drive past it
            I'm the guy... Porter Guy

Comment

Mine is the 747-400. If you've ever been in a Tug next to one pushing back from the gate, the massive size is so impressive!
              Follow me on Twitter! www.twitter.com/flyingphotog

Comment

For me, it's the 777. They are so powerful and so quiet. Not to mention the spacious overhead bins.
                Next:
                None Planned

Comment

For me a few come to mind:

I love love love love (do you understand that I LOVE...) the 717. Very efficent, very clean, surprisingly quiet and a great aircraft to fly (so I have heard on numerous occassions from pilots, and from the passenger perspective I have had personal exprience) overall.

I am a huge 757 fan. 757-200s simply impress me for the many things that they are capable of. Their ranges are only now fully being realized. I love the power of the aircraft, the ability to operate a myriad of routes efficently. Plus, for a narrow-body it certainly is a-typical.

777-200LR. I love the idea of it's efficency. I love the range, and I further enjoy the capabilities that it is extending to many airlines. Had it not been for the 772LR, we would not see routes to India done profitably.

A330 - for sheer grace. There are few aircraft out there that are as photogenic as the A330! Very elegant!

ERJ-145 - As a passengers I am impressed by the seating arrangement, and the comfort of the aircraft. It's sleek shape is something that I find marvellous as well.

ERJ-190 - LOVE IT as a passenger. The feel of the cabin - large, and we all know that there are larger planes out there...
                  Whatever is necessary, is never unwise.

Comment

Not yet dead dear Seven-O, to better contradict a few ones Together with a wide ranging collection of predecessors and contemporaries.
                    As for "today"'s stuff, almost everything showing up with balanced proportions, even a little bit compact, with a soft point for 4-holers and heavy mets,
                    My list sorted by manufacturer and their respective leaders
                    Airbus : 340-500 looks fine, 330-200, 319, 3-ten
                    Boeing : 757-200, 767-300 (the 200 is way too short), 777-200, 737-200/500/300,
                    Douglas : DC.9-10 & 30, DC.10, MD.11
                    De Havilland Canada : "Twotter"(Twin Otter) second only to the Beaver on floats
                    Embraer : the 170/175, ahead of every other stable mate
                    Ilyushin : IL.18 & 62
                    Fokker : I like the 50 and the particular tune of the engines
                    Saab : definitely the good old 340
                    Thanks for visiting
                    *Avimage's Monthly Slide list *
                    *JetPhotos*
                    Airliners*Pbase.com

Comment

Based on recent experience in order of preference....

Long Haul scheduled service.....

Etihad business class A340-600. Very quiet, unparallelled service and seat...and the wife likes 4 engines !

Etihad business class B777. Two class seating so we were right up the front, again, unparallelled service and seat..but noisier than the A340.

European short haul...

BA/GB Airways A320/321. ( Although EasyJet will no doubt screw it up with their takeover. ) Decent seat pitch, online check in with seat choice option, normally good departure punctuality, reasonable meal and free drinks.

I travel to Malta a lot and tend to travel with Air Malta on their A319/320's for their afternoon /early evening flight times against BA's redeye late departures from UK and early morning departures from Malta. Not quite such a good meal and drink service but a decent seat pitch, reasonable price, ( next flight is £204 for two pax, return )

.............................................................

All time favourite ? This is based on cost of flight, seat comfort, standard of service and punctuality and excludes previous business class flights....in other words, an OVERALL experience....and this is going to surprise you.....

....ThomsonFly Premium Economy B767-300 Gatwick - Puerto Plata.

Quiet, Good AVOD IFE, Comfortable seat with a good flight amenity bag, Four course Aldo Zilli meal on proper plates, snacks on request, more booze than you could imagine on request and a very pleasant crew...all for just under £500 each

First Choice come a very close second with a 1 inch shorter seat pitch but are more expensive.
                      If it 'ain't broken........ Don't try to mend it !

Comment

Re:

For me it's the 744 hands-down. No other aircraft still takes your attention away from something quite like the behemoth.

Comment

If I have to choose a single aircraft from the current production crop, it's the 747. Not because of anything related to pax comfort although the -400 isn't bad. but the look and feel of the thing had lit my fire for 38 years. I was at Payne field for the first flight in 1969. I worked on them for 23 years. The amazing thing is the same basic shape is still in production. The -8 stretches the fuselage for the first time. An amazing aircraft that literally changed commercial aviation for all time.
                          Don
                          Standard practice for managers around the world:
                          Ready - Fire - Aim! DAMN! Missed again!

Comment

MD-80.

Theres something about a plane that was short (15), then stretched (30), then stretched some more (40), and a little more (50), and some more (MD-80), and then even some more after that!

Also, gotta love the FBW system....(who said the wires have to carry electronic signals )
                            Les règles de l'aviation de base découragent de longues périodes de dur tirer vers le haut.

Comment

Originally posted by 3WE
                              MD-80.

Theres something about a plane that was short (15), then stretched (30), then stretched some more (40), and a little more (50), and some more (MD-80), and then even some more after that!

Also, gotta love the FBW system....(who said the wires have to carry electronic signals )
                              Nit picking but MD-80-15?
                              DC-9 serise. 10 through 50
                              MD-80 serise. Includes B-717.
                              Don
                              Standard practice for managers around the world:
                              Ready - Fire - Aim! DAMN! Missed again!

Comment

Working...
                              X