AA flies 5 passengers from US to London

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by JordanD
    It's hard not to when they give other rational people who care about the environment such a bad name.
    Very true. I don't mind those folks that explain in a rational voice why keeping your TV on standby 24/7 is a bad thing (for the planet and for the TV owner's wallet) or similar, but those radicals making a major deal out of a non-issue, climbing on planes and burning down houses, well, in those cases the "Falun Gong treatment" might be appropriate .

Comment

Originally posted by Bok269
      They were upgraded to C.

Better?

Yes. Using the term "I heard" connotes that it is a statement without any factual basis.

Comment

Waste of energy is a huge problem we have to solve. However, this example is just a curiosity. The much bigger amount is wasted through inefficient heating, oversized cars and empty trucks filling the highways.

The container ships leaving port always look like having full load of cargo, but an empty container looks exactly like a full one.

Comment

^
          ^^
          Everything clearly written, bast these treehuggers especially celebs who are wisked in bizjets to meet their schedules of shootings on locations and promotion presentations. They should have had the gracioussness to offer seats on their magic carpets to those five passengers.
          Thanks for visiting
          *Avimage's Monthly Slide list *
          *JetPhotos*
          Airliners*Pbase.com

Comment

Originally posted by thxcollins
            Yes. Using the term "I heard" connotes that it is a statement without any factual basis.
            It presents the information as it is. If it were an important detail, I'd look it up. But given that it was a rather insignificant piece of information, a "I heard" suffices in my book.

Comment

I read the text 4 times now and still don't understand this line:

"However, this would have left a plane load of west-bound passengers stranded in London Heathrow
              Why a plane load ? I thought all the pax of the cancelled flight to ORD were booked onto another, except for five of them. Wouldn't they have been the 'plane load of west-bound pax' ?

Perhaps my English is too bad to get it...

Greetings

Comment

Originally posted by Hergi
                I read the text 4 times now and still don't understand this line:
                Why a plane load ? I thought all the pax of the cancelled flight to ORD were booked onto another, except for five of them. Wouldn't they have been the 'plane load of west-bound pax' ?
                Perhaps my English is too bad to get it...
                Greetings
                Chicago to London
                You're right, AA did rebooked the passengers on other flights, but they still had about 5 passengers that they couldn't book, It is then forced to operate the flight anyway carrying the sole 5 passengers onboard to London. If it didn't continued the flight as "scheduled" (ORD-LHR), the passengers at London that had booked their tickets to Chicago or to US, awaiting this AA777 aircraft would have been in trouble, And that could have caused a "chain-reaction" therefore back to point A, the flight was inevitable and had to FLY.

Btw your quotation is out of context. You missed the important part.
                However, this would have left a plane load of west-bound passengers stranded in London Heathrow
                who were due to fly back to the US on the same aircraft.
                Last edited by MaxPower; 2008-03-11, 20:01.
                Inactive from May 1 2009.

Comment

Personally I think AA did the right thing, I know I would have done the same thing. I wouldn't have minded being one of those five passengers.
                  John Poshepny

If the Wright brother were alive today Wilbur would have to fire Orville to reduce costs. Herb Kelleher, Southwest Airlines, 'USA Today,' 1994

Comment

How much of a carbon foot print does Air Force One create carrying 1 person and a bunch of hangers on, including many freeloading media types?
                    Signatures are overrated

Comment

Originally posted by MaxPower
                      Chicago to London
                      Btw your quotation is out of context. You missed the important part.
                      However, this would have left a plane load of west-bound passengers stranded in London Heathrow
                      who were due to fly back to the US on the same aircraft.
                      EDIT: Damnit I always thought that 5 pax flight went from LHR to ORD. Should have read the title more precisely

In this case: No further questions...

Greetings

Comment

If anyone wants to e-mail the guy who wrote the article, here is his e-mail address: [email protected]

I'll see if I can get contact info for the environmentalist quoted in the article.

EDIT: Richard Dyer's e-mail is richard.dyer@foe.co.uk

I got it from http://www.endseuropedaily.com/docs/71113a.doc
                        Last edited by Vincentomoh; 2008-03-13, 16:00. Reason: Adding Dyer's contact info

Comment

At least AA had 5 passengers on board. i just came across this news item about a BA 777 from LHR to Kolkata, India with no Pax, and no F/A just the cockpit crew and 4 tons of cargo.

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/K...ow/2867649.cms
                          Robin Guess Aviation Historian, Photographer, Web Designer.

http://www.Jet-Fighters.Net
                          http://www.Jet-Liners.Net

Comment

There is also the landing slots at LHR to consider. BAA will pull your slots if you do not use them 90% (I believe that's the number) of the time. I know another North American airline that operated empty to LHR twice in two weeks to keep the slot and to carry a full load of pax out. The inbound flights were full of cargo.

Comment

hahaha .... I would like to be in that flight ... but it is impossible because I hate AA ... I always make connections at IAH or EWR flying CO .

Regards
                              Shaq Y.S.F. 737 Next-Generation

Comment

Working...
                              X