A Non-Rev. Question...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by AA 1818

Anyway, can someone explain what an ID-95 is? I have heard the time used, and have probably used tickets that were of that type before, but do not understand what they are or how they are used.
    ID-95 is a term for buying a non-rev ticket on an airline that you do not work for...it is Industry Discount ticket with 95% off the full fare Y ticket...there is also ID-90, ID-96, ID-75 and ID-50...those are some of the more common Industry Discount ticket rates and the number is the percentage discount off the full fare Y ticket...the discount is negotiated between the two airlines and is part of their interline agreement...

Comment

Originally posted by AA 1818
      Yes, these days, it is becomg quite inconvenient to travel on Stand-by or Non-Rev passes. I know that it is almost impossible on certain routes, and it is there that you see these very weird routes developing as mainstays with Non-revs. For example, while the non-stop flights from MIA-POS are soo very convenient, the other day, I looked at the loads and the chances of me getting onto a flight with anything less than a A9 pass was so very slim that I had to do MIA-SJU-POS which was trip from hell. Don't get me wrong, the trip was ok, but I will seriously avoid flying Internationally into SJU ever again.

Anyway, can someone explain what an ID-95 is? I have heard the time used, and have probably used tickets that were of that type before, but do not understand what they are or how they are used.
      Eh, I have yet to have a problem, but then again I have the jumpseat card at my disposal. God I love non reving though.

Comment

I couldn't even get from DAL to AMA on Southwest last Saturday as a non-rev!
        Follow me on Twitter! www.twitter.com/flyingphotog

Comment

Working...
        X