Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

SAS Orders 27 Bombardiers 13xCRJ-900 & 14Q400(NG)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SAS Orders 27 Bombardiers 13xCRJ-900 & 14Q400(NG)

SAS destined to get 27 new jets and turboprop aircrafts from Bombardier.
    13 of the 27 aircrafts are CRJ900’s and will go to SAS Denmark division. These CRJ900 jets will primarily be assigned from the CPH hub. They costs a lot more than the propeller aircrafts, so SAS hopes to bump up the fares on these jet flights.
    There’s a big difference between the 1st Gen Q400’s which was launched by SAS in 2000 and the Q400 Next Gen. Says John Dueholm, SAS Executive Manager in a conference Monday at March 10th.
    In addition to SAS 27 aircrafts from Bombardier, it has options of 24 aircrafts.
    It is crucial for SAS to replace those Q400 asap as leasing aircrafts from other airlines are extremely expensive for the company.
    With the CRJ900’s in Copenhagen, SAS can offer more flights to European cities and also to new destinations.
    SAS owned airlines AirBaltic and Wideroe will also recieve Next Generation Q400’s
    SAS is predicting the grounded Q400’s sold and out of the SAS fleet before summer 2008.

Sources: Translated from Danish to English. Take Off

I'm glad that Bombardier and SAS had found a solution of the problem.
    What suprised me is that they opted for the Next Gen Q400. I'm glad it stayed with this aircraft type.
    Now we just have to see if the passengers dares to fly with it again.
    Good luck to both sides, and I'll speak for the local spotters and spotters from Europe who will see these CRJ900's at their airports, will accept these SK CRJ900 with wide open arms. Woohoo I can't wait to see the first aircraft. I will make a sickcall from work.

Inactive from May 1 2009.

So much for all the "We are so damn disappointed in Bombardier that we won't order their props again" talk that came out of SK's HQ in recent months. Guess BBD has come forward with a very convincing compensation package .

Comment

Originally posted by DAL767-400ER
      So much for all the "We are so damn disappointed in Bombardier that we won't order their props again" talk that came out of SK's HQ in recent months. Guess BBD has come forward with a very convincing compensation package .
      Yeah, I remember that. I was hoping for SK chooing the CR7 and the CR9 to eliminate the diffentials in the fleet commonality. Anyway the Q400 is/was a good product. SAS couldn't pass on this compensation. So I'm glad they made this decision.

Anyway I have found the bigger photo of the rendition..

Comment

Originally posted by MaxPower
        Yeah, I remember that. I was hoping for SK chooing the CR7 and the CR9 to eliminate the diffentials in the fleet commonality.
        Remember this is SAS we're talking about. They as much about fleet commonality as I know about quantum physics .

Comment

I still think that the SAS sucks! They could have done a lot better!

Comment

Well, I don´t think SAS got any option, orderbooks of ATR and Embraer are full...
            "The real CEO of the 787 project is named Potemkin"

Comment

@ Stephen, How come they suck ?
              SAS don't have problems with shorttime lease these aircrafts from its neighborehood airlines untill now that they realize that it's quite expensive. From what I know, SAS are leasing from atleast 5 airlines, Correct me "Soren" if I'm wrong. I'm sure you know know better about that than I do.

Anyway I'm glad they had gotten a compensation for the "troubled" Q400's and settled the deal.
              On the other hand, we'll lose all these fine albinos and hybrids with "operating for" or "on behalf of" titles airliners coming in at Copenhagen.

I'm still waiting for Mr. Durands verdict about this SK order.

Comment

Something bigger in the pipeline spelling as C-Series .... See some back at Downsview are eager to launch and an happy Scotch And Soda can play a part.
                Thanks for visiting
                *Avimage's Monthly Slide list *
                *JetPhotos*
                Airliners*Pbase.com

Comment

Originally posted by Alessandro
                  Well, I don´t think SAS got any option, orderbooks of ATR and Embraer are full...
                  THE RRJ would have been an interesting choice.

Comment

RRJ? What is the RRJ?

Anyway, while Embraer's line is full - they are cranking out aircraft at a remarkable pace.

Also, I think that with this comp. deal - Bombardier has re-captured a customer for a long time. I can easily see SAS moving to fleet commonolity with a C-Series order (whenever they decide to actually announce and start producing the type).
                    Whatever is necessary, is never unwise.

Comment

Originally posted by AA 1818
                      RRJ? What is the RRJ?
                      Russian Regional Jet:

Comment

To me the CSeries looks similar to the RRJ type.

Who knows, SAS could probably convert their 24 x Q400 options to the CSeries.

Comment

^
                          Originally posted by uy707
                          Something bigger in the pipeline spelling as C-Series .... See some back at Downsview are eager to launch and an happy Scotch And Soda can play a part.
                          Back to my bets
                          Thanks for visiting
                          *Avimage's Monthly Slide list *
                          *JetPhotos*
                          Airliners*Pbase.com

Comment

I've heard that the Q400NG's were going to AirBaltic and Wideroe only.
                            TAP - Transportes Aéreos Portugueses

Voe mais alto. Fly higher.

www.flytap.com

Comment

Working...
                            X