Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

French Prosecutor Wants Continental To Be Charged over 2000 Concorde Crash

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • French Prosecutor Wants Continental To Be Charged over 2000 Concorde Crash

    http://www.reuters.com/article/marke...0080312?rpc=44
    PARIS (Reuters) - A French public prosecutor has asked judges to bring manslaughter charges against U.S. carrier Continental Airlines over the 2000 crash of a Concorde that killed 113 people, the prosecutor's office said on Tuesday.

    The prosecutor recommended similar charges be brought against a French engineer involved in the development of the now grounded supersonic jet, the former head of France's civil aviation authority and two Continental Airlines staff.

    A judicial investigation concluded after the July 2000 crash that a piece of metal left on the runway from a Continental flight caused one of the Air France Concorde's tyres to burst on takeoff and send debris into an engine.

    A judge is expected to decide in coming weeks whether to accept the request filed by the Pontoise prosecutor's office, situated outside Paris.
    Um, yeah, sure brought that issue to court rather fast :rolleyes: .


  • #2
    Sounds like a great idea lets add the below to the list

    The foundry that made the metal for the part
    The cement company for the runway
    The hotel that the concord smashed into


    And people think that the Americans are litigious
    Signatures are overrated

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by Airfoilsguy
      Sounds like a great idea lets add the below to the list

      The foundry that made the metal for the part
      The cement company for the runway
      The hotel that the concord smashed into


      And people think that the Americans are litigious
      Addition to that:

      The Tire company who equipped the aircraft. (Wheels burst)
      Inactive from May 1 2009.

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by MaxPower
        Addition to that:

        The Tire company who equipped the aircraft. (Wheels burst)

        That reminds me, didn't the Concord have a history of tire problems?
        Signatures are overrated

        Comment


        • #5
          Additions

          The airport authority
          The cleaning service in charge of the runway surfaces
          Thanks for visiting
          *Avimage's Monthly Slide list *
          *JetPhotos*
          Airliners*Pbase.com

          Comment


          • #6
            Well here's one of the things... France took great pride in flying the Concorde...someone killed their pride so at least some people want to try and fix that.

            What else can you tell the person except "Shit Happens."
            Tanner Johnson - Owner
            twenty53 Photography

            Comment


            • #7
              Absolutely ridiculous.

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by Tanner_J
                Well here's one of the things... France took great pride in flying the Concorde...someone killed their pride so at least some people want to try and fix that.

                What else can you tell the person except "Shit Happens."
                So did the UK.
                Thanks for visiting
                *Avimage's Monthly Slide list *
                *JetPhotos*
                Airliners*Pbase.com

                Comment


                • #9
                  I say to the Frence Let it go.
                  John Poshepny

                  If the Wright brother were alive today Wilbur would have to fire Orville to reduce costs. Herb Kelleher, Southwest Airlines, 'USA Today,' 1994

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    what next....
                    gonna sue newton for discovering gravity. (air Crash)

                    this is one of the funniest things i have ever heard
                    GO SENS GO

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      If they are pointing fingers then they should look at their Airfield Ops dept.

                      Runway inspections??????????
                      Next they will be blaming God for not having enough of a crosswind to blow the aircraft just off the centreline to avoid the FOD.
                      But then the French are a law unto themselves, so anythings possible

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by Airfoilsguy
                        That reminds me, didn't the Concord have a history of tire problems?
                        From memory BA implemented safety measures to the undercarriage but Air France didn't....could this have avoided the incident???

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Anyone think designing an aircraft with the possibility of fuel tank damage from a burst tire may have been a factor.
                          Don
                          Standard practice for managers around the world:
                          Ready - Fire - Aim! DAMN! Missed again!

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by Trip7-300ER
                            what next....
                            gonna sue newton for discovering gravity. (air Crash)


                            All I can about this whole thing is...ROFL

                            -Chris

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Althought the whole thing seems rediculous from technical perspective, there are plenty of similarly baseless suits here in the U.S. Not necessarily in aviation but in product liability and service areas. Coffee 3 degrees too hot comes to mind but there are plenty others.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X