Your favourite aircraft?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Your favourite aircraft?

does anyone here have a favourite aircraft thats not one of the big popular planes like the 777,747, or the newer a340-500 and -600? for me its like those planes are "celebrities" in a sense and all the other planes are kinda like regular people. what im asking is does anyone have a favourite aircraft thats not one of those four popular choices but is a regular plane like a 767 or 757 or a330? and what makes it your favourite aircraft?

I do.

Comment

I do 2 'n im nut guna say which wun, I'm kewl dat uay

Comment

I think 330s and 767s are just as popular, if not more, as 777s and A340s.

We already have a thread similar to this still somewhat active.

Some of mine that aren't all over the place anymore would have to be the Fokker 100, Jetstream 41, Embraer 120, Bae-146, Bac-111. That is assuming that names like DC-10, L-1011, DC-9 and 727 are too mainstream.
        sigpic
        http://www.jetphotos.net/showphotos.php?userid=170

Comment

I have 3 favorite aircrafts: 737NG, 763 and 744. Boeing all the way

Comment

MD-80 is my favorite because of the 2-side.

Of the Boeing metal: 727, 757, and 737NG

Comment

B767

A340

Atr-72

Md-80
              BH Airlines A319

Comment

757-300 (especially) - love the strange look of it

and a soft spot for TU-154s

Comment

This thread seems to share more than a passing resemblance to one in the Av photography forum....

Comment

Now, here are some planes I don't particularly care for:

EMB-120
                    A319
                    DC-9
                    737-200

Not to upset you Airbus fans too much, but I have never liked the take off or landings on the A319. When the plane takes off and the gear is retracted, there seems to be a "grinding sound" that is just not there with Boeing metal. Plus, the landing is not as smooth as on the 757 or 737NG.

I will have my first flight on an Airbus widebody this Summer (A330). I'm expecting a better experience.

Comment

Originally posted by tnnonline
                      Not to upset you Airbus fans too much, but I have never liked the take off or landings on the A319.
                      Is there a difference between the A319 on the one hand and the A320 and A321 on the other ?

Comment

Originally posted by HalcyonDays
                        Is there a difference between the A319 on the one hand and the A320 and A321 on the other ?
                        Don't know about the -321, but I commute on -319s and -320s twice a week and haven't noticed much difference.

Comment

My Favourite Airplane!!!

Yeah,

I have a favourite airplane....its the Fairchild Hiller FH-227 that was produced from 1966 until 1968...78 examples built. Sadly perhaps only 2 or three left flying. I have a website dedicated to this machine. If you check out my profile here, there is a link to the site as my "homepage".

Take a look and send me some feedback on what you think....

I am looking for some FH-227 video, if anyone might have some....
                          I know that in September of 1984, DAT of Belgium did a three plane fly-by over Antwerp Harbor....Below is a link to that even from my website...

There had to be some sort of videotaping of that going on and I would so much love to get a copy if anyone here was there!!!

Anyway, thats the plane that I like....

Cheers, Access-Air

Comment

Commerical aircraft: L-1011 TriStar, worked on them for 32 years.

Military: SR-71, first airplane I worked on.

General Aviation: Luscombe 8A, first airplane I ever flew in and the first I ever flew.

Comment

I LOVE B737NG .. emhh

B777
                              B787

Only Boeing
                              Shaq Y.S.F. 737 Next-Generation

Comment

Working...
                              X